Wilderness First Aid

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakn

Reaction score
Well it's that time again. The WVAIA (Waterville Valley's outdoor club) is once again going to hold a Wilderness First Aid (WFA) class taught by a SOLO instructor. It will be held here in Waterville Valley on Saturday/Sunday November 5,6 2011.

It's 16 hours over the two days and you receive a certification that is good for two years. The tuition will be $125. That's a good deal compared to the cost if taken at SOLO in N Conway, and WV is relatively convenient.

Stuff can happen unexpectedly when you're hiking. It's a good thing to update your WFA skills from time to time, even if you've taken the course in the past.

They also usually offer a CPR certification on the first evening, at a small extra cost.

Send me a PM or email if interested or with any questions. The previous courses filled up pretty quickly.

Thanks All
Harry

I'm might be missing something, I do not see a PM or email option on your profile. I would like my wife to take the course and will let you know by tomorrow.

Rick

I never really enjoy taking WFA but I am always glad I did. What I have learned has come in handy both on the trail and off.

SOLO Wilderness First Aid

One last bump up. Just a couple of weeks to go for this program and there are still spaces available.
Sat, Sun November 5 and 6 at Waterville Valley. Please PM for questions and/or details.

Harry

Tuition $125. Pre registration is required by Oct 31.

Last edited:
One last bump up. Just a couple of weeks to go for this program and there are still spaces available.
Sat, Sun November 5 and 6 at Waterville Valley. Please PM for questions and/or details.

Harry

Tuition $125. Pre registration is required by Oct 31.

Doesnt it go pretty regularly during the winter and spring? Im thinking about it inSpring

The course is offered at various venues including at SOLO in Conway, throughout the year. We (WVAIA) hold it here in Waterville Valley just once a year, recent years the 1st weekend of November.
The usual tuition at the SOLO facility in Conway is $160. We're offering it for $125. It's the exact same course as given in Conway and is taught by a SOLO instructor.

Harry

Also available in Waterbury, VT the first weekend of December while spots remain open. I am signed up for this one as a refresher (I have taken this twice before this will be my 3rd go around, as my memory stinks as thankfully I have never had to actually use any of this in practice, hence the periodic refreshers).

http://www.greenmountainclub.org/page.php?id=285