Caribou Mtn.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
BeccaM and I hiked the nice loop over the beautiful summit of Caribou Mtn.

Morrison Brook, along Caribou Tr...

IMG_0233aaa.jpg

Kees Falls...

IMG_0237aaa.jpg

Evan's Notch is a great area for mineral hunting, such as mica...

IMG_0265aaa.jpg

Up in the saddle, at the junction with Mud Brook Tr., we decided to go hike up trailless Gammon Mtn. We found the remains of a moose calf :(

IMG_0283aaa.jpg

Becca descending on a moose trail...

IMG_0282aaa.jpg

The summit of Caribou Mtn. is beautiful, with lots of open ledge areas and views in all directions...

IMG_0344aaa.jpg

IMG_0307aaa.jpg

We had a nice nap as we had the summit all to ourselves and the sound of the light winds put us out.

IMG_0324aaa.jpg

IMG_0333aaa-1.jpg

another awesome hike with Becca in Evan's Notch :)

Last edited:
awwwwwwwwwwww-some day!!!!! YAY!!! And the best part, aside from the company, was the lack of 4Ker traffic!!!! :)))))))

Caribou Mtn is an awesome spot! Even if there was a lot of hiker traffic (which there isn't!), the summit is roomy enough to accommodate a very large crowd!

Loved your mica shot . . . very unique!

I too love the Mica picture!!

What a beautiful area with lesser travelled trails! I had the opportunity to hike the Speckled and Blueberry loop a few weeks back and was thinking the whole time........"I can't wait to come back"!!

I too love the Mica picture!!

What a beautiful area with lesser travelled trails! I had the opportunity to hike the Speckled and Blueberry loop a few weeks back and was thinking the whole time........"I can't wait to come back"!!

We thought about doing that last week when we were on vacation, but the Blueberry Loop Trail is closed ??? :(

Kees Falls is a great place in the summer for a quick dip!! Plenty deep to jump in. Refreshing!!

Easy hike out when wet doing the loop counter-clockwise.

Nice pictures and report, love that whole area around Kezar Lake/Evan's Notch.

Last edited:
Great photos! Happy to hear you had the mountain to yourselves! I have to make my way up to Evans Notch sometime. It looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Karl