Bigfoot in RI

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not? There was a mt. lion in CT and we all know what swims in Lake Champlain.

There are hundreds of thousands of acres near the Conneticuit border that were farmlands 100 years ago. Most of those farmlands have reverted back to thick, wet, tangled Atlantic coastal forest. Those strips of forest are fully loaded with large, white-oak-fed deer. The vast, forgotten CT/RI border zone criss-crossed by county roads that bear the stains of continuous road kill carnage. In other words, these are very healthy, productive forests on th.e west side of Rhode Island. These forests are supporting and protecting a whole lot of wildlife. The forests and wildlife could easily support and conceal a few dozen nomadic apex predators like bigfoots.

This quote from the Bigfooters is largely true, except that I express no view on the last sentence. Hike the RI North-South Trail, which mostly hugs the Conn. border, and even less-traveled trails through the big Wildlife Management Areas through which it passes, and see for yourself.

It would be West, not East Greenwich, where you would be likelier to encounter an apex predator (unless you include stockbrokers and lawyers in that category).

Really?? At one point the article says "RI is a surprisingly squatchy state". I live in East Greenwich and have never personally encountered anything particularly frightening (outside of hearing the fisher cats in the woods near our house). There is a story about "the Frenchtown bear" that apparently hung out in our area a number of years ago. On the other hand there are a number of my neighbors that never seem to come out of their houses. Maybe...

Last edited:
I live with "BIGFOOT" !
Does Molly count?
Isn't there always a discussion of Bigfoot sometime around Halloween each year? He seems to surface on a regular basis. I recall a search for him that was posted on VFTT some time ago in the Whites.
Seems to me like he would prefer mountainous regions, not RI.

IMG_1526.JPG

Last edited:
There are hundreds of thousands of acres near the Conneticuit border that were farmlands 100 years ago. Most of those farmlands have reverted back to thick, wet, tangled Atlantic coastal forest. Those strips of forest are fully loaded with large, white-oak-fed deer. The vast, forgotten CT/RI border zone criss-crossed by county roads that bear the stains of continuous road kill carnage. In other words, these are very healthy, productive forests on the west side of Rhode Island. These forests are supporting and protecting a whole lot of wildlife. The forests and wildlife could easily support and conceal a few dozen nomadic apex predators like bigfoots.

This meeting may be taking place in East Greenwich but the paragraph clearly describes West Greenwich. Which BTW is my home town. I guess if I see a big black creature hiking in the woods.... :eek:

:rolleyes: