Photos--New Garfield shelter & New Rt. 302 bridge

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed'n Lauky

Reaction score
Blairsville GA ......... Avatar-- On top of S
On my way up Garfield today I met an AMC worker coming down. He told me he had been working on the new Garfield shelter and that it was almost done. He also said it was worth seeing. So, we decided to pop down there after our summit. He was right. The new shelter is magnificent. The workers are justly proud of the work they have done.

027-4.jpg

029-1.jpg

028-4.jpg

It was dark on our way out, but on the way back I stopped to take a couple of pictures of the new Rt. 302 bridge. The first view is from the east looking west and the second from the other side. You can see that they have put in a new temporary (I guess) span while they work on repairing the original bridge.

035-3.jpg

033-4.jpg

Finally a couple of pictures of Lauky at the summit. He was up to his levitation tricks again. We were standing next to the wall which was the base of the old fire tower. I turned around to find Lauky and he wasn't there. I looked up and there he was. He went up and down several times.

006-7.jpg

017-10.jpg

Here is the link to our trail conditions report. http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42109

Last edited:
Nice!

I wonder if it was my friend you passed. I know he got out of the woods today after working on the shelter for AMC.

What a handsome young man!
...and a very nice bridge.