A few photos from Columbus Day weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
When I go to the White Mountains alone, I go there to hike, period. And when I hike alone, there are no rules. Well, don't do anything stupid...and get home in one piece. So there are two rules. But other than that, there's that freedom to hike wherever and however I feel.

But sometimes I don't go alone. Sometimes I go with my wife and/or siblings and/or friends. During those trips, maybe not everyone in the group likes to hike as much or as often as I do. So it's usually a lower elevation, lower octane kind of time. But those trips have a way of bringing about pleasant surprises. I end up visiting places and seeing things I might not have, had I been alone.

Last weekend was one of those trips. The weather was ridiculously beautiful. And we saw a lot of really cool stuff BELOW 2,000 feet elevation. Imagine that.

Friday: Otter Rocks
IMG0060edited-1-L.jpg

Saturday: Bondcliff. My wife is much prettier than this, but CIA rules are CIA rules.
IMG6187edited-1-L.jpg

Sunday: Artists Bluff
IMG0079edited-1-L.jpg

8-year-old girl climbing the face of Artists Bluff
IMG0089edited-1-L.jpg

"Nice day for a white wedding"
IMG0099edited-1-L.jpg

October 9th? Really?
IMG0098edited-1-L.jpg

A river runs through it (Saco Lake)
IMG0126edited-1-L.jpg

View from Elephant Head
IMG0128edited-1-L.jpg

Sunset
IMG0145edited-1-L.jpg

IMG0156edited-1-L.jpg

IMG0155edited-1-L.jpg

You must have burned a little octane getting to Bondcliff.

Kinda crazy that people are swimming in the hotel pool on Columbus Day weekend. I remember blizzard-like conditions on N. Twin one Columbus Day weekend about ten years ago.

Thanks for posting, really nice photos.