N. Sugarloaf hike in a Trailrider 10-22-11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darl58

Reaction score
I was asked if I could join in for another hike with the Adaptive Sports Partners of the North Country for a hike up North Sugarloaf. I had plans to join the girls for a "Girl's Weekend" backpack but couldn't say no...A later start to join the group would work fine for me.

Met up at N Sugarloaf trailhead and prepared Bella for her hike up, the weather said clear but it was anything but clear...raining and drizzle. They decided that Bella being a tough North Country girl had no problem getting a little wet so off we went. :D

Part way it really started raining so we pulled her under a tree and I donated the use of my Primaloft jacket and a poncho...she was bundled up like a beautiful X-mas present.

The trail started off not bad then it became fairly rocky and steep, especially when you are pushing or pulling a trailrider. The roots/rocks just made Bella giggle and she especially loved it when we were treking through the deep mud and she could hear us groan.......one little wrong turn started us up a too steep and lose area, we immediately decided we had to be off trail!

Back on track and I was thanking Patrick & Justin -they were sure handy for those steep rocky sections. :eek:

It felt great to be able to help on a real trail, as last time I had volunteered we had hiked up the Auto Road. At the summit the rain stopped and we had some nice views while we had lunch and rested a little.

The hike down was fairly swift and I volunteered to push through the muddy sections...I had spare boots for my afternoon backpack.

I can only say that the joy and smiles that Bella showed all day even when the poncho would cover her face and we'd have to find her again :eek::eek:...made all the effort worth while!

rest of pics:
https://picasaweb.google.com/hikerd...authkey=Gv1sRgCK6ombj84_Oq1wE&feat=directlink

Bless you all!

The first picture says it all! Thanks for sharing this, it is positive reinforcement and a great reminder that we are all very fortunate and there are still great people in the world!

KDT

That is so incredibly good. It brought tears of my eyes.
Thanks for posting it.

Goose bumps type story. Now my office workers will wonder why I am smiling so broadly and I'll be so excited to share this wonderful story with them. Yeah!

Last edited: