You know you are NOT a peakbagger when...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
...with Carter Dome just a short stroll away, you stay on Mt Hight for over two hours even though it doesn't count.

439146312_zo8PM-M.jpg

...with Carter Dome just a short stroll away, you stay on Mt Hight for over two hours even though it doesn't count.

Sure it does:

http://www.trailwrights.org/72summits.htm said:
25) Hight 4675ft (1424.9m) Carter Dome / 1970

You probably already climbed Carter Dome for your 48 and since you can't count multiple peaks, you do Hight as part of the TEN separate hikes you'll need for the entire Wildcat-Carter-Moriah range. If you are a peakbagger, you know what these are ;)

(Wildcat D, Wildcat C, Wildcat A, Carter Dome, Mount Hight, South Carter, Middle Carter, North Carter, Lethe, Moriah)

Tim

Last edited:
You turn around 1 mile into Rocky Branch to squeeze in some last trail work before an October Nor'easter. :eek:

I believe Hight is also on the Y Alpine list....just sayin'.....stop resisting, Billy!
You WILL be assimilated! ;-)

So, I guess you're not a peakbagger when you don't even know what's on "the list." :)

I fall into the camp of not being a peakbagger. I definitely hit some summits, but I'm just as likely to wander off in some other direction a few dozen feet shy of a marker for no particular reason. It may just be my personality type; I also walk out of movies in the theater from time-to-time, rarely finish drinks, and generally have a

-Vip

Also, you're not a peakbagger if your trail name is Stop Short. :D

So, I guess you're not a peakbagger when you don't even know what's on "the list." :)

I fall into the camp of not being a peakbagger. I definitely hit some summits, but I'm just as likely to wander off in some other direction a few dozen feet shy of a marker for no particular reason. It may just be my personality type; I also walk out of movies in the theater from time-to-time, rarely finish drinks, and generally have a

-Vip

Also, you're not a peakbagger if your trail name is Stop Short. :D

And also leave sentences unfinished! ;-)

I would say you know your not a "peakbagger" when from a mountain's summit
you look longingly at the waterways below and say "damn wish I was down there"

I am a fair weather peakbagger, if the weather is rotten, I am entirely willing and able to come back another time when the weather is nice. I didnt submit my 48 long ago until I had a reasonable view from each summit (that had one). I was a little more flexible on the winter 48, but did take three times to go up Adams, my last one on the winter list until I had good views.

I would say you know your not a "peakbagger" when from a mountain's summit
you look longingly at the waterways below and say "damn wish I was down there"

.....ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh:D

...when you hike to, say Mt. Adams, and avoid the last 20' because there's a crowd, and just skirt around the actual summit....

...when you don't know if a particular peak is on a particular list...

...when you don't understand why you should care...

...when you get a kick out of someone talking to you as if you're a beginner when you answer "no" to the common question "have you finished your 4ks?", as if all hikers are peakbaggers. This can be fun. I like to ask questions like "is that Mt. Washington?" while pointing at Mt. Madison. :D

The assumption that I'm a beginner always humors me. I like the advice I'll get: "never hike alone"...."if you see a moose..." very entertaining :D

-when you thought "The Grid" was a horror movie back in the 80's starring Anthony Hopkins, and "The List" was a reality show on Monday nights about compulsive shopping......

-when you wake at 5am on a cold January Saturday Morning, and call your hiking friends to tell them you are not going because you developed a blister on your heel from the flannel sheets......

-when you think a trip to the mountains, involves outlet shopping in North Conway, a pedicure, and a brazilian wax........

-when at Madison Hut, you volunteer to watch everyones packs while they summit, convincing everyone that "The Moose" might run off with them......

-when if there ain't no view, there ain't no hike......

-when you refuse to go on a hike because you need a new backpack......

-when on the climb, you fake an injury, and tell everyone you'll wait for them at the car (and take a nap and drink all the beer).......

-when you lie down in the middle of the trail, throw a tantrum, and refuse to go any further unless someone rubs your feet.......

:D
Petch

Let's try putting this in the right thread...

When you spend time re-building one of these and never get to the summit (and don't mind).

or on on one of these.

.....when you don't need no stinking patches,bozo buttons,decoder rings, or spreadsheets:cool:

When your friends go hiking without you because it might drizzle, even though they have given you incentives to go along. (BTW, the "you" is me, it's my friend who backs away. I'm the one who gives out pack covers and umbrellas and pack towels, etc. to friends who need their excuses eliminated down to the basics.)

Last edited:
when..

you've hiked mt.washington 70+ times in the last 5 yrs. and only bothered to touch the sign 5ish times..