Congratulations to Ed Hawkin's for his NH3K finish!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damselfly

Reaction score
Lew Dow, Steve and I accompanied Ed Hawkins today for his NH 3K finish on East Huntington!

It's a good thing the weather turned out good, and that the company was good..... because the woods were consistently "scrappy and crappy." Not the hardest or thickest we've ever been through, but there seemed no break from the thick woods.

We parked off the horseshoe turn on the Kanc and Ed did a terrific job leading us on a mostly easterly approach to East Huntington. Once at the summit, Lew presented Ed with a congratulatory Coca-Cola!

Although the trip appears short as the crow flies, it took us far longer to get to the summit than we thought it would, so we turned it around after brief break.

The westerly trip back was slow...again, thick woods, along with terrain that wanted to pull us down / south.

To top off Ed's finish and make it a bit more memorable, sunset overtook us and the head lamps came out for the last 40 minutes.

Back at the car it was time to again congratulate Ed and share some PBR's.

Congratulations, Ed!

Beth Zimmer
btzimr at gmail dot com

DSCN4725r.jpg

Reactions: arm
My goodness... every 3k in the Granite State. According to Google results, there's 175 of these peaks... I can't image- Bushwhack City, I'm sure.

Googling also reveals that there is a NH 1,000 Highest- do they plan on- oh, I won't even ask.

In any case, congratulations.

Congratulations, Ed! But wait... I thought you were working on the 2's! Oh, right- you have to work on multiple lists at the same time to keep it interesting. You should be the "official NH state hiker"!

So he's finally getting bored with the 4k? About time :)

Congrats Ed!

I passed you yesterday going up the I-93 to hike, the license plate is easy to spot!