Your favorite photo of 2011

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get to do any mountain hiking this year but I did get some scrambling done on the rocky New England shorelines for some photo work. This one is from earlier this month at Bass Rocks in Gloucester, MA a couple minutes after sunup.

6513763661_d75b3a9b4c_b.jpg

JohnL

Last edited:
These are all amazing. Sheesh. Looking forward to a Top Ten from each of you in another thread! I think I might be too intimidated to post...

No!!!!!! Each person's favorite picture is just that, and this thread has been excellent so far because each poster has submitted just that. We have epic scenics, but we also have dawgs and kids and smiles...all are wonderful because they all convey whatever it is about hiking that is special to them.

So, share what is special to you :)

I agree with forestgnome. This is not a contest. It's a chance to show others what really made you smile this year when you got home to look at your photos from your day of adventure. Remember the name of this thread..."favorite photo" not "best photo". Post away!

JohnL

I agree with forestgnome and JohnL. Not a contest, just show us your favorite. C'mon post something. Peer pressure, peer pressure!!!!! :)

Choprock Canyon

I think I will go with this one, just because it was soooooo hard to get there: drive to the absolute middle of nowhere in Utah, backpack 12 miles off trail, make 6 rappels, swim through hypothermic water in a wet-suit, and you are here:

IMG_9634.jpg

impossible to assign "favorite" but this image represents something special

BeccaM in King Ravine on a classic summer day

IMG_7651aaa.jpg

This has just been a fantastic thread! Now that the Top 10 of 2011 thread is open I guess it's time to break down and add one here.

This one is my favorite for both aesthetic and sentimental reasons. Was the perfect way to end a great day.

Late Afternoon Light on Franconia Ridge Over Lonesome Lake
IMG_2294.JPG

Happy New Year everyone!

IMG_6624.jpg

Been trying to post this for weeks! I just found a post that solved my problem and viola! This is from a summer backpack in the Sierras with my family-- sunrise on Garnet Lake with Banner and Ritter peaks. Not bad for a 3 yr old iPhone!

Love this thread! I hope it keeps going...