Mt. Clinton Rd ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRobi

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Mt. Clinton Rd is still open? Forest service site says it is closed but NHDOT is in charge of that one and I could not find out if it is in fact closed. If you have knowledge of the road being open the next question would be is it passable by passenger car with snow tires (camry) from the base road? We would like to hike Ike and Monroe by Edmands Path.
Freighttrain48 is planning a similar hike so info would benefit him also.
Thanks
Ken

yes it would ken all I could find for info was that when Tom Rankin and Rolling Rock parked there on the first

I know this is two weeks later but it was open on 12/22. I suggest calling the NHDOT - 603.271-3734 or Highland Centeer603-278-4453 (depends who answers but some are hikers and familar with Clinton Rd). Good luck, got that one in on 1st day of winter

yes it would ken all I could find for info was that when Tom Rankin and Rolling Rock parked there on the first
Correct. We took SUVs. The road was alternately bare, and hard packed snow/ice. It is almost flat, FWIW. We had no problems.

I *MIGHT* be driving by on Sunday, and I will post if it is open...

Just called DOT (3:45 Friday 1/6) and they do not have a record of it being closed...at least officially. Conditions might make it closed to my car but we may have to see for ourselves. Thanks for the advice SherpaTom.
Hope this works out for you Freighttrain48.