Jewell Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjhbos

Reaction score
Could anyone give some specific guidance on the location of the relocated Jewell trail head for winter? On previous visits to the cog railway parking lot I went up and down the Ammo trail and did not see a second trail head in that lot. To add to confusion I saw a post about the regular Jewell winter trail head being closed (not sure where that was) and this trail head being re-routed. Hoping not to spend a lot of time searching for this relocated Jewell trail.

Thanks so much for any guidance.
Steve

What is closed is the Jewell Spur Trail. Which has been closed since the after math of Irene. It took a bridge out. This started on the other side of the tracks where the cog loads passengers. The actual Jewell trail starts about a mile before Marshfield Station. There's a lot with a hiker sign. As far as I know, nothing has been relocated. Just the spur, which shortens the hike, is closed.

I hiked down Jewell in October and the trail came out right across the street on Base Rd with the Ammo Trail parking lot

What is closed is the Jewell Spur Trail. Which has been closed since the after math of Irene. It took a bridge out. This started on the other side of the tracks where the cog loads passengers. The actual Jewell trail starts about a mile before Marshfield Station. There's a lot with a hiker sign. As far as I know, nothing has been relocated. Just the spur, which shortens the hike, is closed.

Hi JustJoe - Yes, I was asking about the location of the Jewell Spur trailhead, not the main Jewell trail which is know is before the Marshfield station. I assume the relocated Jewell Trail Spur is still accessed by the Marshfield station parking lot but wanted to know specifically where is had been relocated to? Thanks

Hi JustJoe - Yes, I was asking about the location of the Jewell Spur trailhead, not the main Jewell trail which is know is before the Marshfield station. I assume the relocated Jewell Trail Spur is still accessed by the Marshfield station parking lot but wanted to know specifically where is had been relocated to? Thanks

I'm just curious, is that is documented anywhere? The WMNF site still lists the Jewell Spur as closed as far as I can see.