Snowmagedon Reports 1_12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Well as usual the TV stations are cranking up the hype on the outcome of todays storm. I guess the concept of snow fall in January in Northern NE is novel concept to them ;).

As of 1:00 PM, my house at the Gorham/Randolph line (1420 feet elevation) has 3" of snow

Last edited:
We got about 3-4" of mushy snow in Pittsfield, MA last night then it turned to monster sleet then a light rain and now it's seems done for now and warm (as in above freezing). Snow probably wont last long, I'm sure it'll all ice up for friday's commute.

Jay

About 7" of new snow high on Hicks Hill in Ashland, NH so far, however the snow has really tapered off.

So far it hasn't been much of a storm up here in Littleton--just lots of wind and maybe a half-inch of blown-about snow.

6 inches of new snow on my deck near exit 27 in Campton. Seems like a very light mist falling now. 3:25pm. It has warmed up but wind has picked up too.

it's supposed to be 2 systems....1st one from the coast and 2nd from the west....first one gave us about 8" of dry champagne pow-pow...currently in the lull...

IMG_9663copy1aaa.jpg

At this time still snowing heavily in Berlin with between 8 and 9 inches..earlier blowing snow was an issue but that has seemed to calmed down..nice cardinal, FG! i have one coming in to my feeder along with chickadees, goldfinches, white breasted nuthatches, red breasted nuthatches, downy pecker, blue jays but really nothing unusual this winter..maybe now with snow they will need to come in...

MAYBE 6 inches in the Kennebec River Valley area in Maine. Still kind of spitting tiny flakes but not much is accumulating now. I snowshoed tonight...but probably could have just worn boots and been fine. Sheesh!

Beautiful cardinal pic, ForestGnome. Man, I really love your work...

My buddy in the next cubicle just got an email from Indian Head Resort (Route 3 just south of franconia notch) got 6inches last night and is expecting 6-10" Saturday.

Rahter than start a new thread, FYI, we got rain and lots of it 1/23. Plenty of snow eating fog around and temps over freezing. There will still be a snowpack but once the temp drops, its going to be boilerplate.