Canisters on Trailwrights Bushwhacks?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlylite

Reaction score
Are there canisters on Trailwrights 72 bushwhacks? Doing Mt Lethe and Northwest Hancock in the next week and want to know if I should bother to look for one.

Thanks

Mt Lethe on the TW72 (which is almost certainly not the true Mt Lethe) did not use to have a register, the summit is low scrub and you can see into Wild River valley (although you cannot see Wildcat which you can from the true Mt Lethe). It is thick getting there and it may take half an hour - anyone who says the summit is just off the trail or has no views didn't go to the highest point.

NW Hancock still had a register from when it was on the AMC NE100 list although it may have been upgraded.

Lethe really is an amazing little peak! I have always been surprised at how slow the going is to reach it from the trail. The view is, in my opinion, truly fantastic. I also remember doing a ton of reading on views before and afterwards to determine if I made the "real" summit. Even after going back the following winter, I am still not 100% sure but perhaps a third trip will convince me.

NW Hancock still had one about 6 years ago. There were entries going back to 1970 or 71.

With the lack of snow pack, you may even get to see the remains of the wood stove.

SW Twin had one back in 9/2007, lid was cracked and everything inside was soaked..........

maybe someone has more recent info on that one!

You often won't find a lot of information online about canisters because there are some self-righteous people out there who, upon hearing about the existence of a canister, will find it and remove it. They don't even forward the register from inside. So use caution in what you say publicly.