bobcat roaming fairly repeated ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
Saw a nice big bobcat near my house late yesterday afternoon and was able to watch it for quite a while as it calmly patrolled the edge of a field. Sadly did not have my camera with me, which I normally do. Am I likely to see him again in the same spot, do they have a loop that they repeat like house/feral cats ? I think this is also matiing season, so there's that.

If there is a good food supply and no others nearby, a bobcat could roam in a relatively small territory, but more likely, something closer to a ten mile range.

In places supporting plenty of prey species (like CT), the females call a much smaller area home, like maybe a square mile or two, so yes, keep an eye out Chip and you may very well see more. I have seen many around my home. Cheers, Stu

In places supporting plenty of prey species (like CT), the females call a much smaller area home, like maybe a square mile or two, so yes, keep an eye out Chip and you may very well see more. I have seen many around my home. Cheers, Stu

Sure, but your town is the freakin epicenter for animal activity in CT ;). Are you still reporting moose and bear sightings ? the state still wants you to !

I need a new game camera. Got one last year at Wally World and it cr@pped out pretty quickly.

Chip I worked for that company for years, people love thier prices but the stuff they sell is crap, period. The xtra money spent for a quality product in the long run, outweighs the measlee savings up front. I could tell you horror stories about thier track record with electronics.

UNH Bobcat Research

Neat video of UNH doing some bobcat research. Not a kitten to mess with!

Just happen to see my first one about 3 weeks ago, at a high point near a small pond in East Montpelier, right along the side of the road in some thick softwoods ( looked like good bunny habitat!)

We were on Garfield over the weekend and a hiker we met who was on his way out said that he spotted cat tracks up high. There certainly were tons of bunny tracks all around but I have to look further to see if the tracks I think might have been cat could have been.

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 136
The presence of the eastern cougar has been confirmed in my part of the world (just across the border from Cherebusco-Chateaugay, NY). A neighbour lost a calf to a pair of them. I've never seen a bobcat here, but have seen them in the Laurentian hills north of Montreal. I've never seen a lynx, however.