Owlshead 2/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzbo

Reaction score
Waltham, MA Jazzbo & Marty meet Bigfoot on Kenne
Scott MacF and I are looking for a few partners to join the fun when we attempt Owlshead next Sunday 2/12. I normally like to do hikes on Saturday, but Scott and I need to do this on Sunday so we can bunk in Lincoln night before and get the early start we need. So far weather forecast looks promising.

We plan to do both Black Pond and Brutus BW’s. We figure on getting to Lincoln Woods around 6:30 to be on trail and hiking by 7:00 AM.

Did it yesterday in 6:20 via both bushwhacks. Super highway made for some fast conditions. Up top there were a few different paths but the old and new summit were both where they always are ;)

Have fun out there!

I have had some serious training the past month ;) but I'm not sure I can pull out nearly a 3MPH average for the entire hike. We can try.

Tim

So not to discourage people with more average abilities such as myself from joining the fun, beating Procook's time was meant in jest. Although it is prudent to maintain pretty good pace for long day. Procook's description of trail conditions and long range forecast should reduce the time suck hole involved with trailbreaking and enable us to do booktime.

I'm glad! Shall we try to crack procook's time? He must have melted the snow from the flames he was emitting.

Ray

Right down to the ground....oh wait, there just wasn't much snow period! ;)

I guess that's a compliment?! You guys gave me a good chuckle this morning, so thanks!

Sounds like a great time. I have other plans so cannot consider going. BTW who are those guys in your photo?