Shuttle Connection Lincoln

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzbo

Reaction score
Waltham, MA Jazzbo & Marty meet Bigfoot on Kenne
I'm not connected with Shuttle Connection in Lincoln in any way. I've been thinking about different options for attempting Bonds this winter and reading other's threads. I came across the Shuttle Connection in Lincoln.

They have special rate sheet for hikers that seems designed with hikers in mind and is reasonably priced for what they're offering especially if you have 2 or more in your party. The hours of service starts at 6:00 AM so it might be of use for Bonds Traverse candidates. I like the way it could potentially simplify or eliminate the drive back to the northern TH when hiking N to S.

I'm thinking of using it for Bonds Traverse with overnight at Zealand Hut to avoid running back up to retrieve the car so we won't need the super-early start from the north end.

Has anyone had any experience with using this service for hiking activities?

hiker_rates.php

I used them summer before last for a ride from LW to North Twin trailhead. I was very happy with the service.

A buddy and I used their service for just this kind of thing (Falling Waters to Crawford Notch to Pinkham Notch) in 2005. They delivered as promised for a reasonable fee. Thumbs up for my one data point.

I used them them a few times for backpacking... very happy with the service and the price. They can get pricey as you get farther afield from Lincoln (as you'd expect) but I thought the rates in their general vicinity were great.

AMC shuttle

AMC shuttle now goes to Lincoln and Lincoln Woods as well. It's another option.

AMC shuttle now goes to Lincoln and Lincoln Woods as well. It's another option.
Stops for about half an hour in downtown Lincoln before going on to the Woods parking lot. A bit of a pain but does give you a chance for one last infusion of grease and bulk before a long trip.

Sorry to ask but is the AMC shuttle running in the winter..thought it stopped after Columbus Day...

Lefty, while driving past Pinkham I see the AMC van fleet parked on the end of the parking lot occasionally covered with snow. I dont think they run until the huts are open for the summer.