Thread: Reply with Quote goes to Quick Reply

Bloomville, New York Avatar: Dress for success!

Reply with Quote goes to Quick Reply

Lately when I 'Reply with Quote', it gives me the quoted text, but the edit box says it is the 'Quick Reply' box, and it is sized appropriately, with many of the icons missing. I can click 'Go Advanced' and get to what used to open up, with the full set of icons, so it's not a big deal.

This is FF 10.0.9 (And no I can't update it), but the same thing happens on IE.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Tom Rankin
    Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
    Past President Catskill 3500 Club
    CEO

I believe that this is "functions as designed". I think every other vBulletin board has quick reply turned on. I'm not sure why it was turned off for VFTT or whether it was done intentionally, but I like it so I turned it on.

Tim
    Bike, Hike, Ski, Sleep. Eat, Fish, Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehikeskifish View Post
    I believe that this is "functions as designed". I think every other vBulletin board has quick reply turned on. I'm not sure why it was turned off for VFTT or whether it was done intentionally, but I like it so I turned it on.

Tim
    Since you use ADKHPs, can you tell me if they behave the same way for you, or differently, as I am seeing? (ADKHPs has quick reply at the bottom of the thread, and no button in each post). Either way, I will survive...
    Tom Rankin
    CEO

ADKHPs is running vBulletin 3.8.3. We're running 4.1.10. There are options to configure how this works, including whether or not users read in threaded mode or flat mode. The MBO OBS is running (I think, they don't advertise a version) 4.1+, and they require a button press to start the reply, but it is the quick reply.

I turned it on for performance reasons as it puts less load on the server (and is recommended). Here are the settings, (*) is picked, and the description of each.

( ) No
    (*) Yes, Click Not Required
    ( ) Yes, Click Required

Quick Reply
    If you enable Quick Reply, a box will appear on the showthread.php page allowing users to reply to the current thread without needing to load the full newreply.php page.

When Quick Reply is enabled, you may specify whether or not users must click the Quick Reply icon in order to start typing in the Quick Reply editor.

If you choose not to require a click, the system will not know to which post a user is replying, making both the threaded and hybrid display modes nonsensical.

We strongly recommend that you set the option to require a click if you use Quick Reply and have Threaded Mode available on your forums.

Note: Quick Reply will be automatically disabled if you require Human Verification when posting

Tim
    Bike, Hike, Ski, Sleep. Eat, Fish, Repeat.

Performance is good!
    Tom Rankin
    CEO

I was starting to get worried here Tom if we really had a problem. Thankyou Tim for greasing all the wheels as usual.
    Kudos to all!
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey