Mt Isolation - Rocky Branch Trail, Engine Hill Bushwhack, Devis Path on 2/12/2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomoko

Reaction score
Trail and Mountain names should go in the thread TITLE

Date of Hike: 2/12/2012

Trail Conditions: Trail and Bushwhacking route is hard packed snow. There are some short exposed areas I had to break the trail/paths,(10-20 steps in each) as they are covered by new powder snows. Besides them, we used only Microspikes.

Special Equipment Required: We(Ken, Lew, Nick and I) left our snowshoes in the car. Ken, Nick and I used Microspikes all the way. Lew had bare boots. I carried crampons just in case, but, never used it.

Comments: Optional - It was -10F and we kept moving forward and we ended to finish Isolation hike with 5 hours 50mins. I was surprised how fast we hiked, compared to summer time Isolation hike. :eek:
Near the intersection of Davis Path and Rocky Branch, we came across 2 well packed trails. We didn't know which one is real trail, but, we took left one as that is the direction we should aim to in order to reach Isolation. 5 mins after we took this path, we noticed it's bushwhack route. By going through well packed path, we eventually reached to David Path. So we apparently did short cut a little bit. We thanks to the people who did bushwhack here in the short section!:)