Thread: Avalanche Pass ski video

Avalanche Pass ski video

Skied Avalanche Pass yesterday (2/14). The conditions were surprisingly good.

Click here to read a detailed report on the snow cover and to watch my helmet-cam video of descending Avy Pass.

Eastern Connecticut Avatar:I Like my Jeep
    Excellent. I haven't been to the Adirondacks avy pass in the winter in a while. Loved the video.

Thanks,
    Keith
    "The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information."- Ed Abbey

Thanks for the video. Did you think conditions were slow or fast?

Fun video! "Hello trees!", got a good laugh at that!!

Glad you enjoyed the video. I'd say the trail was semi-fast as there wasn't any powder, but it wasn't icy.

Rockburn, Quebec, Canada living in an old (1830) one room school house just north of the NYS border on the last escarpment of the Dacks.
    Great video. Thanks

Nice. I haven't been to Avalanche Lake in years, and never in the winter. What kind of ski equipment were you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Nice. I haven't been to Avalanche Lake in years, and never in the winter. What kind of ski equipment were you using?
    Sorry for not replying earlier, but I didn't see the responses until today. I was skiing Madshus Epochs, which used to be Karhu's 10th Mountain Division--a light tele ski with fish scales. Garmont Excursion boots and Targa bindings. This is a great setup for Avy Pass, Jackrabbit and similar trails.

Conditions seemed pretty slow that day, but they have changed since and are changing now as I type.