ME 4Ks this Weekend?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Savage

Reaction score
I haven't seen a whole lot of activity in Maine this winter, but I'd hate to waste a good three-day weekend, when there are 4000-footers left on my winter list.
Anyone interested in heading up to Stratton? I'm looking for Redington, South Crocker and the Saddlebacks to finish up the area. Probably head up Saturday night to hike Sunday and Monday.
Any advice/trail conditions would be appreciated as well, especially on getting up to South Crocker.

Of course if anyone has an angle on a trip to Baxter, I'm all ears.

REdington seems doable from the c.v.r.Might be a lot of snow on the A.t. down towards South Crocker.This time a year,it might be easiest to hit the crockers from the c.v.r.This winter has seen a lot more activity in maine then last in IMHO. BRyan just did saddleback and horn,that might be very good.Not sure which ones you have left,hopefully you can finish by april 14th?:)[how do you get your list checked?]lol...This winter seems the winter to get some maine ones.You might want to check with sue at the stratton motel,she has the best beta on the trail conditions around there.Good luck and have fun,nice to see ya posting eric.....

hopefully you can finish by april 14th?:)[how do you get your list checked?]lol...
Actually, since this is the winter round for me, I only have until March 19th. Probably not going to happen unless a full trip to Baxter falls in my lap in the next few weeks.
In answer to your (half serious?) inquiry, I would submit my application/essay to the full committee for review. This is what I did when I finished the Winter 48 back in 2008.

Yes you can. The Tote Rd. from Togue Pond gatehouse to Matagamon is a publicly accessible snowmobile route in winter, if you are so inclined. It's a lot of fun on skis, though. :)
Right you are! I meant to say,if you want north brother to count as a winter 67.Last I remember you could not use a snowmobile,believe that rule still holds.