Thread: Northern Presidentials on Saturday, (weather permitting), 3/10/2012

Thumbs up Northern Presidentials on Saturday, (weather permitting), 3/10/2012

Weather permitting; we’re headed to The Presidentials this weekend.

Disclaimer:
    As things stand, there is a difference of opinion on the weather for Saturday between the National Weather Service and Weather.com. This isn’t unusual and their forecasts should start to converge soon. If it appears the forecasts are headed in the direction of Weather.com, we’ll pick different targets and re-schedule The Presis.

Our Plans:
    On Saturday, we are planning to hike Washington and Jefferson; up Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail and back down Jewell Trail.

If there’s interest, we could change to a Northern Presidentials Traverse of Madison through Washington; up Valley Way and down Ammonoosuc Ravine or Jewell. This would require an earlier meet time and car spot.

With the right conditions either of these would be a terrific way to close out winter. (I know, there are still a few days left)

If you’re interested or have questions, please respond to this thread or by PM.

Note:
    After Thursday (tomorrow) I will be without Internet access and unable to check this thread or respond to inquiries.

Hey BIGEarl,

I'm with a group of 4 also head up the ammo Saturday. We haven't pick a start time as of yet. And as you noted about the weather we might have to alter our plan for Washington.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSunRa View Post
    Hey BIGEarl,

I'm with a group of 4 also head up the ammo Saturday. We haven't pick a start time as of yet. And as you noted about the weather we might have to alter our plan for Washington.

Dave
    At this point I'm not too concerned. The forecasts from The National Weather Service and Weather.com have converged. It looks like the conditions are expected to be borderline balmy! We'll see a new White Mountains Summit Forecast from The National Weather Service in the early morning hours tomorrow that will include Saturday, but I don't really expect any surprises.

We should have a good day.

Enjoy your hike.

I've done everything I could to send over perfect weather!! Have a great hike!
    You only live once... but, if you do it right, once is enough!
    animus non integritatem sed facinus cupit
    "The heart wills not purity but adventure" (R J Waller, A Thousand Country Miles)