The Only Thing Better Than a Presi Day is.....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&J

Reaction score
A Presi day with an undercast all....day....long!!!!

I did a loop yesterday 3-15-12 of Jefferson, Washington and Monroe. What a day! Undercast all day long. Oft times undercast will be there in the morning and then slowly dissipate as the day goes on. Not yesterday. It stuck around all day. With the undercast, warm temps and the lack of winds, it all added up to an incredible day. It was fun to hike with Carl's group to Jefferson and to see various friends on the trail: Joe, Drew, Tom & Laurie, and Bill.

Eisenhower with Carrigain behind surrounded by the clouds.
P1060122.JPG

Willey surrounded by a sea of clouds.
P1060136.JPG

Carrigain.
P1060163.JPG

The Northern Presi's: Jefferson, Adams, Madison with the Great Gulf buried in clouds.
P1060465.JPG

North Carter, Middle Carter, South Carter, Mt. Hight, Carter Dome and the Wildcats A through D.
P1060508.JPG

Monroe and the spine of the Southern Presi's.
P1060539.JPG

Franconia Ridge off in the distance.
P1060553.JPG

The Jewell trail goes right up that long ridge with the Caps Ridge behind it.
P1060611.JPG

Moosilauke in the back.
P1060642.JPG

Carrigain, Osceola's, Hancocks.
P1060651.JPG

Cairn by Lakes of the Clouds hut.
P1060674.JPG

A last look at the undercast and setting sun before I descended into the clouds. One incredible day.
P1060694.JPG

That is amazing! That is something that I hope I'm lucky enough to experience someday up there. Speechless.

Nice photos and great report! That was indeed a great Thursday above the clouds! Our group watched the sun set from Clay - what an amazing day.

W.O.W.

Thanks for sharing those stunning pictures!

I'm amazed at how fast the snow has melted. We were on Washington five days before you and it was a winter wonderland with plenty of snowfields and ice!

Looks like you were on a cruise and passed a bunch of islands.
Seems like the northern presis (photo 4) have less snow than the southern presis (photo 6)

what better compliment can i give other than to say i wish i didn't click on this trip report due to the severely high jealousy factor! sublime

The picture of the cairn with the shadow of the cloud on the undercast behind it is SO amazing! Thank you so much for sharing these, they made my day. What a great day it must have been for you all. :D

I'm sitting here at work on a beautiful Saturday morning, trying to make it through the rest of tax season, and you just made my day. Thanks!

I was looking right over at you from Liberty... with the pea-soup fog and rain in the parking lot, I was not expecting anything so amazing up top. Glad I didn't decide to sit inside that day, and very glad someone got pictures to do the day justice. Party on!