Winter Bonds Traverse on St. Patrick's Day!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollingRock

Reaction score
The three peaks of the Bonds [Mount Bond at 4,698’, West Bond at 4,540’, Bondcliff at 4,265], situated at the south end of the Twin Range, are among the most remote, yet dramatic summits in all the White Mountains. We tagged the flat, wooded, viewless summit of Zealand Mountain [4,260’] along the way. Due to their remoteness, these are among the hardest peaks to “bag” during the winter months. It will be tough to top this hike. It was a 17-mile, 4,000-foot elevation gain day. Click Here for Slide Show [Press F11 for full effects].

PS. Great to have seen you J&J for our annual, unplanned, winter hike rendezvous!

Excellent slideshow! I think I saw my blue snowshoes in the background in one of the hut photos. It was nice to meet you at the hut and enjoy an entertaining evening and then to leapfrog a bit with you both over Zealand and the Bonds. My full trip report is on my blog, www.nh48.wordpress.com.

Excellent slideshow! I think I saw my blue snowshoes in the background in one of the hut photos. It was nice to meet you at the hut and enjoy an entertaining evening and then to leapfrog a bit with you both over Zealand and the Bonds. My full trip report is on my blog, www.nh48.wordpress.com.

It's so cool that you can easily use your real first name and have it as your 'trailname' also! Your parents were so forward thinking. :) It was a pleasure to meet you and play 'Himalaya'. I enjoyed reading your blog and we finished one hour behind you. You're right...the last 5 miles are the worst but the good memories far outweigh 'that' memory...LOL.

Mike-

It was also great to see you on our annual, unplanned, winter hike rendezvous! Already looking forward to next year's rendezvous! :D

John & June

It's so cool that you can easily use your real first name and have it as your 'trailname' also! Your parents were so forward thinking. :) It was a pleasure to meet you and play 'Himalaya'. I enjoyed reading your blog and we finished one hour behind you. You're right...the last 5 miles are the worst but the good memories far outweigh 'that' memory...LOL.

Thanks! I wasn't so sure about my name when I was younger, but I've come to the point of owning it! Guess that happens when you get older. ;) Not a bad finish for you guys, either! Seeing that amazing undercast for the first time on Zeacliffs is certainly one of the best memories.