Up: A Mother and Daughter's Peakbagging Adventure -- book signing dates

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrishandAlex

Reaction score
I am pleased to announce that Broadway Books, an imprint of Crown Publishing Group, will publish my memoir, Up: A Mother and Daughter's Peakbagging Adventure, on April 3, 2012. Up chronicles then-five-year-old Alex's quest to climb the White Mountain Four Thousand Footers. The book has received very positive reviews; Publishers Weekly describes it as "a keen feminist fable for brave girls."

We have three book signing events thus far (we might add more later).

April 3 (date of publication): 7pm at Harvard Coop in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA
April 25: 7pm at Water Street Bookstore in Exeter, NH
April 28: 7pm at Father Roger Bilodeau Community Center, 194 Pollard Road, Lincoln, NH (Steve Smith from The Mountain Wanderer is hosting)

For more information about the book, the signings, or other publicity events, please see my website, http://www.trishalexsage.com, or my Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/PatriciaEllisHerr.

A huge thank you to all those who have supported us over the years! We are eternally grateful.

Another huge thank you to the following VFTT-ers who are featured in Up, or whose work is featured in Up:

MadRiver
LRiz
DaveBear
McRat
Tim C.
drewski (he made the hiking stick Alex is holding on the cover of the book)
BarkingCat (he took the author photo)
silverfox (he took one of the photos placed within the book)
Dave Metsky (I reference his website)
Mohamed Ellozy (I reference his website)
many other people who are not expressly named within the book

This has been a fun and remarkable journey. Thanks for being such a huge part of it.

Last edited:
Congratuations!! Wonderful feat. I hope to be there for the signing in Cambridge.
Julie

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Trish!!!:D I'm planning to be there on the 3rd. What a few weeks this is for you! A book and a winter 48! Wow!

Thanks, folks! :D

Julie and Pam, wonderful, thanks! I hope to see you both at the Coop on the 3rd. :)

Eddie, yes, you can get UP on Amazon (it's available for pre-order now) as well as most other bookselling sites.

Again, many thanks for the support, everyone!!

And if this is a bestseller, you have a sequel all ready :)

Congratulations! Looking forward to the book signing. Squeaky and I will be attending.

Anyone interested in perhaps meeting up for a drink or two after the signing? I hear there may be a pub or two in Harvard Square...

Can't make it to the signings listed above, but lemme know if your press tour ever brings you down to Connecticut! ;)

FYI, there's a mini-review/inteview with Trish on the Rock and Ice Magazine website (and, I assume, will be in the next dead-tree version as well...)

(Mod: see link from Trish below... Tim)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi J.Dub,

Thanks! Here's an updated version of the link to Rock and Ice. Please don't use the old one -- this morning, Alison Osius let me know that they had to redo all their links from yesterday's news posts; don't use yesterday's Rock and Ice links (to my story or anyone else's) since doing so might put your computer at risk. This updated link is secure, and I believe the other individual links within the site are now secure as well.

Regarding other signing dates and publicity -- I'll post all news on my blog and Facebook Page instead of here (in order to adhere to VFTT's policies). I felt it necessary to post today's message so that folks didn't try to click on the old Rock and Ice link and perhaps compromise their computer.

As far as meeting up for a drink after the signing, I'll wait out front and we'll figure things from there.

I should be there with my girls. I should be the only guy there who answers to 'McRat'... though this is Harvard Square... there may be others.

Status
Not open for further replies.