Millinocket Dumpsters and La Casa Re-Opening

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
As we all know, Baxter has a pack in pack out policy...was curious if anyone knows of any good dumpster sites in the nocket, so carrying trash 350 miles back home doesn't have to happen in the future. I would be willing to toss a business owner a few bucks for dumpster use...just curious if anyone has done this before? Not for nothing, but after a few days in baxter, I have a good few empty beer cans in my trash bags....recycle dumpsters would be good to know as well since I care about being green. Less weight in the car would be better for the environment by consuming less gas on the long drive home.

Also, heard from a reliable source in Baxter this past week, that La Casa is indeed opening again...always good to see businesses reopening to boost the local economy.

Reactions: arm
wow!

Killer idea for an app...already got my objective-C on.

That said, the barrels at the Irving station should suffice as you fill up for the trip home.

It sounds like the local economy isn't the only thing getting a boost.

My understanding is that Baxter guests are entitled to visit the Millinocket transfer station on the way out of town. Open 8-4 Mon, Tue, Fri, & Sat. Since the transfer station is permit-only, I assume having a copy of one's Baxter reservation paperwork is needed.

I've never done it myself since I always seem to be leaving Baxter on a Sunday.

Well, since most of us go by Lincoln, ME on the way south from Baxter, you could just stop at the Wallyworld there...

Jay

There should be major construction occuring at Millinocket this year getting ready for the bio-coal plant, plus possibly prep work for the new natural gas line and both will bring contractors into town which appears to be LaCasa's primary customers, that and half drunk hikers;).