Katahdin for the Last Day of Winter 2012!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics! Crazy water on the way back. Funny seeing what you guys were wearing, shorts and tank tops!

most excellant trip - nice pix woody! These days, its all about quality and not quantity for me in regards to peaks and if your gonna do one trip to the mountains - Baxter is the way to do it. The winter gem.... by going in via CP in winter - you earn that summit - no real "easy" way up it that way....:D:D:D:D:cool::cool:

its a pretty cool feeling staring up at the headwall in winter and thinking in the grand scheme of things, not many people actually see that view live...

nicely done!

Great pix, great route! I love myself some katahdin and knife's edge!! can't wait to get back on that mt. this summer! (I seriously need to snowboard some of those gullies!!)

Last edited:
most excellant trip - nice pix woody! These days, its all about quality and not quantity for me in regards to peaks and if your gonna do one trip to the mountains - Baxter is the way to do it. The winter gem.... by going in via CP in winter - you earn that summit - no real "easy" way up it that way....:D:D:D:D:cool::cool:

its a pretty cool feeling staring up at the headwall in winter and thinking in the grand scheme of things, not many people actually see that view live...

Was good to be able to get out with quality group of friends and no trip to BSP is even not fun. Was great to be able to accomplish what we did given the weather and catastrophic melt down going on during our window of opportunity. I think I have a new PB on downing that turkey sandwich after the ski out. :p Attached is the link to the subset of the better pictures I have, think this should work:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3535144107458.2163406.1537996719&type=1&l=f52c9e89b6