New Services on Mt Washington

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
Our modern age gets better and better. Not only will we benefit from QR codes on trails, but a latte on a whim instead of Gatorade if you prefer.

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/files/pdfarchivenew/BerlinPDF/2012/03_March/30B.pdf (for some reason I have to reduce the image size on this papers PDF's in order for them to appear).

In keeping with peakbaggers updates on the economic health and change in the north country, same front page has a story about major political changes in the wind for Berlin that will certainly affect the future of the region.

Last edited:
The owners seem very cool but if I had my way there is no way I would want to add to the travesty that is the summit.I like the M.W.O., but would be happy if the rest were torn down to give the old rock pile the true natural setting it deserves.:(

The owners seem very cool but if I had my way there is no way I would want to add to the travesty that is the summit.I like the M.W.O., but would be happy if the rest were torn down to give the old rock pile the true natural setting it deserves.:(

Mountains are for everybody and while Mt. Washington may be a turn-off to most hikers, it provides many people who would never reach the top of any mountain, a chance to be there and enjoy it. Ive climbed washington many times and the summit is still something I like to visit, hey coffee and a hotdog, why not. I even took my mom up the Cog a few years back, her enjoyment of that trip was worth every penny. There are many, many mountains that are not developed for your enjoyment, I think there should be places for everybody in the mountains, otherwise we would be acting selfish imo.

Looks like they goofed and published this two days early... :rolleyes:

As I read through it, I thought "this has got to be a joke..." and then I realized what you meant. hehehe. I need a calendar.

Pretty sure I don't want to be the first one to test the efficacy of the "special, copper grounding system that can be quickly deployed in the event of severe electrical storms." :eek: :D I prefer to have other types of grounds associated with my coffee habit, thank you very much.

Mountains are for everybody and while Mt. Washington may be a turn-off to most hikers, it provides many people who would never reach the top of any mountain, a chance to be there and enjoy it. Ive climbed washington many times and the summit is still something I like to visit, hey coffee and a hotdog, why not. I even took my mom up the Cog a few years back, her enjoyment of that trip was worth every penny. There are many, many mountains that are not developed for your enjoyment, I think there should be places for everybody in the mountains, otherwise we would be acting selfish imo.

I especially love to be revered by the tourists who are in awe of anyone carrying a large pack and express utter disbelief and even adoration at the fact that you hiked up and intend to hike back. It's even better if you have been on the mountain for several days. Sometimes they even want to hear more. I enjoy the photo shoots to. I do like to be pu there in early September when the crowds have dispersed, kids are back in school, and they will soon close the huts. Such fun! :cool:

To be honest...I would love a Starbucks in every High Hut and the OBS to. I cannot deny it. Not a coffee cart though. The real thing. I feel safe saying this because it's never going to happen, at least not in my lifetime.

I especially love to be revered by the tourists who are in awe of anyone carrying a large pack and express utter disbelief and even adoration at the fact that you hiked .......
Reminds me of one time after hiking up there and one lady asked how I got there. When I told her she exclaimed " What did you do that for" !. I'm with Sierra on this one. Can sunrise egg Mcmuffins and a box of Joe be far off?:p:D

Has anyone ever had ice cream that had not melted or a BBQ way up high??? You might think the article came out two days early, but it may not be that far off......maybe this will take place on the Edmunds Path, and the trail adopter will need to police up the litter weekly...

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had ice cream that had not melted or a BBQ way up high??? You might think the article came out two days early, but it may not be that far off......maybe this will take place on the Edmunds Path, and the trail adopter will need to police up the litter weekly...

Um....yeah....you got me!

Check out the rest of the front page articles too. *The reporter names in the bylines are perhaps a hint. *Too funny!

Last year the story was White Mt Cafe merging with White Mt Lumber (in Berlin) and the White Mt National Forest. Heck they share the same name already.

Check out the rest of the front page articles too. *The reporter names in the bylines are perhaps a hint. *Too funny!

Yeah, I noticed that right away. Reminded me of the credits at the end of every "Car Talk."

Those of you who didn't pick up on it, we could say you "got served." ;)

How did the helicopter get the cart on the mountain perfectly?without scratches? Is there a hidden team of sherpas[not particular ethnic group],camped out on the wildcat ridge bringing my dark blend up? Wow did someone get served!:D

This thread was like when the cops use the free stuff or money rouse to lure wanted felons to a location where they all get arrested. I thought the pic. was just goofy.I assumed there was going to be a location up top from where the cart was pushed from..Nothing like a little eco friendly rant for a fiction based cause....Good job Andrew on punking us!

I especially love to be revered by the tourists who are in awe of anyone carrying a large pack and express utter disbelief and even adoration at the fact that you hiked up and intend to hike back. It's even better if you have been on the mountain for several days. Sometimes they even want to hear more. I enjoy the photo shoots to. I do like to be pu there in early September when the crowds have dispersed, kids are back in school, and they will soon close the huts. Such fun! :cool:

To be honest...I would love a Starbucks in every High Hut and the OBS to. I cannot deny it. Not a coffee cart though. The real thing. I feel safe saying this because it's never going to happen, at least not in my lifetime.

Maddy you will like this one. I was finishing a rock climb on Cathedral ledge and topped out at the tourist fence and roped into the fence. Alot of tourist came over and where amazed that I climbed up the face, one woman looked at me and said,'' wow how long did it take you to climb up?'' The crowd waited for my response, I looked at them and calmly said '' what day is this?'' they gasped and one even told me what day it was. lol.