AT from Dalton, Ma. to North Adams

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkhero

Reaction score
Anyone know how the trail is between Dalton to North Adams (on the AT)? Planning late April for a short hike. Any info on shealters would be great.
Thanks

Mark Noepel shelter is nice place to stay, it's on the way up Greylock from Cheshire. Hardened earth pads available, as well as the shelter. Good water source (stream) when I was there in the fall.

Can't comment on the trail conditions right now from experience, but I read on here a week or two ago that Greylock is snow-free.

Mud season

historically, this April is still mud season, and hikers are urged to stay off the trails. Don't know what this year is like however.

With the lack of snow, the trails in and around Dalton, Cheshire, North Adams seem to be not so muddy. I was on the AT in Cheshire not too long ago and it was dry enough to wear trail runners without concern. So far, April has been very dry, there have been fire warnings from the lack of rain and low relative humidity...

Jay

With the lack of snow, the trails in and around Dalton, Cheshire, North Adams seem to be not so muddy. I was on the AT in Cheshire not too long ago and it was dry enough to wear trail runners without concern. So far, April has been very dry, there have been fire warnings from the lack of rain and low relative humidity...

Jay
Thats what I thought it might be like. Here on the Cape we have had hardly any rain. Hope the water source are ok at the shelters!