Easter on the Osceolas

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleeveless

Reaction score
I bare booted until just below the first part of the slide. Going in Greely P. trail the ground was covered with a packed snow ice mix but boots were fine. After the junction there was bare ground and stretches of packed snow/ice. I put on microspikes where it started to really gain elevation, just below the first view of the slide. The trail between the 2 peaks was nice with a solid monorail and new powder. The chimney bypass was bare and the scrambles just above were bare. Then ice and packed snow the rest of the way. Good going with microspikes. Coming down I put on some 6 point crampons that I had in my pack just in case. I am happy to say I did not come down in microspikes as there was a lot of ice on those steep slopes. I did meet 3 young people with 1 set of microspikes between them so they made it with bare boots, one set of poles and one of them in jeans and since I saw no body parts I guess they got down ok. Another couple turned around before reaching east peak because they had no traction and were slipping too much. I was surprised at how many people were out on Easter Sunday.