vftt sighting

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your vehicle’s license plate isn’t NE4000 (New Hampshire), is it? I saw that car parked outside Barnes & Noble in Nashua on Tuesday. I was on my way on foot back to Pheasant Lane Mall, so I didn’t bother going back inside to see if I could pick out the hiker.

Your vehicle’s license plate isn’t NE4000 (New Hampshire), is it? I saw that car parked outside Barnes & Noble in Nashua on Tuesday. I was on my way on foot back to Pheasant Lane Mall, so I didn’t bother going back inside to see if I could pick out the hiker.

or sniff out :)

I should have been clearer. I was at Ace Hardware in Goffstown and saw a vehicle with a VFTT sticker. I, too, should have gone back inside to see who might have been the hiker, but I had just left with my mother and we had a few other errands to run.

The car I saw didn’t have a VFTT sticker, but there were two White Mountain National Forest parking passes on the windshield, so I’m sure the license number means what we all think it means. I have a feeling that I saw the same plate several years ago heading north on 93 on a different vehicle, maybe a red pickup then, a black hatchback now.

In October 2009, I was washing up at that rest area near Franklin and a fellow came up from behind and said, ‘‘Well, gentlemen, where we all hiking today?’’ The guy at the next sink ignored him, but I answered, and he recommended MicroSpikes next time, rather than the Yaktrax I’d used. So, my thanks to that friendly man.

Not sure about bluebird day — the Urban Dictionary defines that as ‘‘a bright, clear, sunny day after a night of snowfall’’ — but it was definitely a blue sky day. And I’ve been out of work since September, so I simultaneously have all the time I want to go hiking and no time to spare for it.

But I’ll be returning to the work force next month, so then I’ll once again have vacation days to spend hiking, so yee-ha.

The car I saw didn’t have a VFTT sticker, but there were two White Mountain National Forest parking passes on the windshield, so I’m sure the license number means what we all think it means. I have a feeling that I saw the same plate several years ago heading north on 93 on a different vehicle, maybe a red pickup then, QUOTE]

The Pickup you speak of has plate ne67x12 and belongs to a man we all know and have probbally passed on a trail from time to time. Somebody was servicing there car at my work yesterday had MTNMAMA which I thought was pretty cool

I guess you’re thinking of Ed Hawkins. I’ve never met him, but I’m pretty sure the plate I saw before was the same as the one I saw on Tuesday, NE4000. Unless Ed had that one and changed it for the NE67X12.

I think Steve Smith posted a picture of Ed’s truck recently, and it looked a lot bigger than the one in my memory, but who knows.

I saw a hiker’s license plate on a truck in Gorham last summer, too, but I’ve forgotten what the number was. Maybe something like NE115? I also saw a truck in Twin Mountain around that same time with a VFTT sticker and someone inside the restaurant who I’m pretty sure was Bob of Bob and Geri, but after I entered and took a seat, I never saw him again, so I don’t know for sure.

Back on September 11 I ran into Tom Rankin for the third time (one of those times was at an April AMC awards banquet, so maybe that shouldn’t count), and he introduced me to several fellow VFTTers, but usually the people I ask have never heard of the website, or if they have, they’re not members.

The people I don’t ask, I always think too late, ‘‘I should have asked about alligator eggs.’’

I guess you’re thinking of Ed Hawkins. I’ve never met him, but I’m pretty sure the plate I saw before was the same as the one I saw on Tuesday, NE4000. Unless Ed had that one and changed it for the NE67X12.

I think Steve Smith posted a picture of Ed’s truck recently, and it looked a lot bigger than the one in my memory, but who knows.

I saw a hiker’s license plate on a truck in Gorham last summer, too, but I’ve forgotten what the number was. Maybe something like NE115? I also saw a truck in Twin Mountain around that same time with a VFTT sticker and someone inside the restaurant who I’m pretty sure was Bob of Bob and Geri, but after I entered and took a seat, I never saw him again, so I don’t know for sure.

Back on September 11 I ran into Tom Rankin for the third time (one of those times was at an April AMC awards banquet, so maybe that shouldn’t count), and he introduced me to several fellow VFTTers, but usually the people I ask have never heard of the website, or if they have, they’re not members.

The people I don’t ask, I always think too late, ‘‘I should have asked about alligator eggs.’’

That was the truck I was reffering to and Ocasionally see on 93.

I have ran into a handfull of vftt'ers over the last year. most recently forestnome and I bumped into each other in a lift line
at wildcat and Dave Metsky in pinkham notch