The largest collection of lean-to pictures ever (probably) (image heavy)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSettahr

Reaction score
Ode to an Adirondack lean-to... The following pictures represent roughly 40% of the lean-tos in New York State.

5Py78.jpg

EG9r6.jpg

2IlMG.jpg

9A1vK.jpg

P8OlD.jpg

diTv2.jpg

mMPGg.jpg

AtS3C.jpg

D79ji.jpg

vyWth.jpg

Continued in next post...

Continued from above...

7MgmX.jpg

VGtcC.jpg

SR0Xi.jpg

zR9rn.jpg

ngrjh.jpg

WAitO.jpg

TB8He.jpg

FeCQF.jpg

NZbv8.jpg

dBSQY.jpg

Continued from above...

hvcQB.jpg

DtgeA.jpg

q3nt7.jpg

hXLWU.jpg

aMwbC.jpg

2HT2i.jpg

CoCgl.jpg

yKN2m.jpg

YmK1N.jpg

EAvqR.jpg

I would give you one rep point for each lean-to but the software is configured in such a way as to render that impossible. I will however send one such rep point ( a digital quadrangular rendering of a square, green in colour) tout de suite.

Brendan,

Only 40% ? Only kidding. Very interesting and original. Nice reference for someone planning a trip.

Alan

What's even scarier is that I've spent at least one night in probably at least half of the ones pictured...

Last edited:
I was scrolling through and got to page 2 and I thought "Wow! This is a lot of lean-to's." Then I realized I wasn't even close to halfway through yet. Really nice job! :D

There are 123 lean-tos shown. My last count of lean-tos in New York State was around 275 total- so what's shown is roughly 44% of the total number of lean-tos in NY.

Of the 123 shown, 3 (Black Pond, Long Pond, and Bozen Kill) are day use only. Of the remaining 120 where one can legally camp, I've spent at least one night in 79. (My currrent total is somewhere around 115 or 120, but I don't have pictures of the others, unfortunately!)

You could call this "A Bear's Field Guide to the Human Camper" :)

Thanks for putting it together, it's very cool!