Show us your Supermoons!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Seaver

Reaction score
Perfect viewing here in VT.
May05_2012_Supermoon-2_9443.jpg

While I'm overall really happy about my decision this past Fall to leave the White Mountains to pursue another advanced degree that will put me in a good place when I'm done, I'm pretty bummed right about now to be in Boston and not Madison, NH :( ...... The sky is just NOT the same here. These pictures are going to kill me, but I plan on looking at every single one!!! :eek:

Tim - I had a similar view out here in the Eastern Sierra.

super moon

moon 006a.JPG
view from Cheney Pond overlook just off Blue Ridge road.

Last edited:
Wow! on the photos posted.

No picture taking here, but a small group of us enjoyed the sunset (over the Pacific) and moonrise atop Mugu Peak, a small mountain in the Santa Monica Mtns. on the California Coast... with accompanying wine and munchies. :) (And I can now say that I have drunk wine out of a baggie.)

Supermoons always seem bigger in Twin Mountain. :D

P1090053.JPG

Spent the evening hanging out by Lonesome Lake waiting for the moon to rise. Quite a lovely sight - unfortunately, it didn't clear Franconia Ridge until it was very dark, so there wasn't much for foreground detail.

LonesomeLakeMoon800px.jpg

Beautiful night, and not so lonesome! Headlamps were bobbing all around the lake, and the peepers were so loud, I thought they were inside my head!

LonesomeLakeMoon(2)800px.jpg

Reactions: dug
I was at the NY chapter ADK lodge on sabago Lake Fri night when this huge moon appeared in the sky about 6:30pm. AS it got darker the moon seemed to get larger n larger.

I wonder if this moon had any influence on night fishing conditions; I was catching huge Pickerel one after the other on a surface lure.

Oh My, should of seen the moon when I was driving home last night from the ADKs, I hit Albany and headed for the Taconic/Berkshire hills which is east and literally I was driving into the moon!!!! I guess not peak but it was pretty impressive still sunday night..

Jay