Jefferson through Jackson (Caps Ridge, A.T., Loop Trails, Webster Jackson Trail)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dailey7779

Reaction score
Date of Hike: Sunday, May 6th

Trails: Jewell, Boundary Line, Jefferson Notch Road, Caps Ridge, Gulfside, Clay Loop, Crawford Path, Monroe Loop, Eisenhower Loop, Webster-Cliff, Webster Jackson, 302, Mt. Clinton Road, Base Road.

Trail Conditions:
Jewell and Bondary Line are in good shape, jewell is washed out with rocks at the bridge but the bridge is fine, Boundary line is lightly used and wet and muddy in places but easy to follow, river crossing is easy. Jefferson Notch road looks to be in good shape on this stretch, hopefully it will open before July 4th this year!
Caps Ridge Trail is snow free, two blowdwns below treeline, one is a walk around the other is a step up and over, the caps were dry and the cairns are easy to follow above treeline.
Gulfside Trail is snow free, Clay loop has two minor snow fields just north of summit which will melt within a week or so.
Crawford Path has very minor snow between Eisenhower and Pierce with the usual mud, other than that it's clear of snow from Washington to Pierce.
Monroe and Eisehnower Loop trails clear of snow and in great shape.
Webster-Cliff Trail in ok shape, it's an eroded wet mess just above the hut, and some very minor snow heading to Jackson.
The 1.1 miles of the Jackson Link of the Webster Jackson Trail is in awful shape; mud, water, running water, roots, loose rocks, etc., what a disaster! The last 1.4 miles is in good shape.
Mount Clinton Road is open and Clear.

No traction Needed!

Comments: Awesome Day for a Long hike, wore my boots expecting some snow but with the clear trails I wish I wore my comfy Raptors. Views were Phenomenal! Trip Report / Pictures

Name: Chris

Email: [email protected]

Last edited: