!!! 10th annual Adirondack BBQ and Gathering !!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attendee Numbers

• Oh Yeah, Bout time you posted it!!

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Maybe, not sure, I'll have to check my schedule, could be fun, need to check with the wife/husband

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No, I'd rather go to the dentist!

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

peak_bgr

Reaction score
So, it's that time to start planning, I guess I'm a tad bit late in the notice.

Third weekend in August - same place same time.

August 17-19 at the Magic Pines Campground In Lewis. Get off exit 33 and head South on Rte 9 and it will be on the left OR get off Exit 32 follow Stowersville Road West toward Lewis and take a right and head North on Rte 9, it will be on the right. The campsite is very easy to find.

When you get there check in at the desk and drive to the back left of the campground we will be there.

No need to reserve a spot, we are in a group site. It will be something around $6.00 per person per night.

Friday-
Get there, set up camp. Go get dinner, make dinner, drink beer, drink wine, drink water, and swim in the pool. Most importantly, plan the next day’s adventure.

Saturday-
After your day meet back at camp for the potluck dinner. Bring something to share and bring a local brew from your area to share and place in the kiddy pool of ice - no swimming in kiddy pool, until after midnight!!

Sunday-
Checkout is in the am. Usually a group goes to the Noonmark for breakfast and the much needed coffee.

Please bring firewood if you have it, but only if you are within the legal limits of 50 miles. Don't try and bring wood from outside the perimeter, you could be caught and fined.

Last edited:
Probably won't be able to make it. This weekend is always a work conflict. :-(

Bummer, cuz the one we attended a few years ago was a blast!

I don't have a NY dental licence, therefore if you would rather go to the dentist I can pull your teeth without anesthesia, if we call it "first aid".
I would call it torture.

I can imagine you with one foot flat on my chest and both hands pulling mightily on a pair of rusty old pliers.....

Ellen and I hope to be there. Fun event!

I'm going to paddle both days. Any others interested please throw out your day trip suggestions.

Thursday night should not be an issue, never has. You might just want to call ahead to set it up. Since people will be there Thursday night, Corenne and I might just have to swing over.

We are planning:

Friday --The Split Rock Mountain Loop in Westport. I haven't been up there in years and the views are simply amazing.
Saturday--Maybe a paddle to Valcour Island on Lake Champlain and hike the trails located there - but this is up in the air.
Sunday--Maybe a trail run in Keene Valley.

Gail and I are planning on being there. Looking forward to seeing all of you again!

It's also possible I might finish my New England Hundred Highest and Northeast 115 list on Mt. Mansfield Sat. August 18. We will keep you posted :)

Gail and I are planning on being there. Looking forward to seeing all of you again!

It's also possible I might finish my New England Hundred Highest and Northeast 115 list on Mt. Mansfield Sat. August 18. We will keep you posted :)

What type of red wine do you want, I still feel terrible about spilling your full glass last year. I'll bring a bottle.
PM me.

What type of red wine do you want, I still feel terrible about spilling your full glass last year. I'll bring a bottle.
PM me.

I don't remember that but sure..... bring some wine :) I'll bring a guitar and some beer!