!!! 10th annual Adirondack BBQ and Gathering !!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attendee Numbers

• Oh Yeah, Bout time you posted it!!

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Maybe, not sure, I'll have to check my schedule, could be fun, need to check with the wife/husband

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No, I'd rather go to the dentist!

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Anyone up for McNaughton? Looks like Gail and I will save Mt. Mansfield for Labor Day weekend :)

Can't make it this year, going to be at Burke Mtn in VT to check out those famous MTB trails aka Kingdom Trails there....

Jay

The Split Rock hike sounds good for Friday.
On Saturday we'd like to climb one of the 46'ers that Marge hasn't done yet: maybe Big Slide.

Actually we were talking about Big Slide on Saturday as well. Maybe do the loop out over Yard. We were going to paddle, but we had to change plans.

Spence, where do we meet Friday morning?

We're staying in Lake Placid...shall we come to the campground? What time?

10am at the campground would be good. We can then head over to the trailhead. The hike is a nice loop where we will start from the main parking area.

Picking up a ton of woods for the fire and ordering the clams today. I might even have a couple bottles of something to pass at the fire. :eek:

Picking up a ton of woods for the fire and ordering the clams today. I might even have a couple bottles of something to pass at the fire. :eek:

Is that a metric Ton or english??? :p see you all friday night.. headed up to check out the carosel in sarancac lake then IDK till we head up to the camp grounds.. PM me if you have something for the afternoon planned..

Spence,

Ellen and I plan to be there Saturday night for a while. (I will look you up; I've got a copy of a book for you, and for a couple other folks who helped me with it. Thanks!) See you then.

Can't make it this year, unfortunately. :(

My oldest has her first lead role as Belle in Beauty and the Beast which runs this weekend, so I'll be clapping wildly from the front row tomorrow night, rather than strumming the git-tar 'round the campfire. All is not lost, however, as I'm bringing her and her brother up next Mon-Weds to do Algonquin. :D

All y'all have a fun time!

Sorry to say that Gail and I won't be making it down this year :(

I hope to see all of you soon though somewhere on the trails.....

Thanks Spence and Corenne

We had a couple of great hikes, good food, and a very pleasant gathering around the fire that Brian, Spencer, and Phil worked very hard to make bigger and better than the puny firepit.
A rattlesnake on Split Rock Mt was the highlight of the day on Friday, and Pat and I were delighted with Catamount scrambling on Saturday. Thanks everyone!