Lodging in Franconia Notch area?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA Ridgerunner

Reaction score
Planning a mid-late September trip to Franconia Notch area and looking for lodging recommendations. Don't want to spend a fortune, but not looking for bunk-room accommodations either. Nice clean motels and/or cottages are more our thing. We'll be hiking a lot so breakfast is usually of no use because it's rarely available early enough for us. Also don't care whether or not there is a pool. Thanks!

We always liked The Beacon in Lincoln, which has cottages, rooms, a pool, restaurant and even some "entertainment" some nights. As mid Sept is off season, rates should be decent. The pancake place down the and across the road opens earlier for breakfast

Our family really likes Carlsons in Twin Mountain. It's a nice, family run operation.

We've had great experiences at Pemi Cabins. Cottages are right on the river with little balconies. The river's running water is a terrific sound all night long. Pet friendly, too.

Breakfast (a most important meal!): Peg's in North Woodstock is open early, cash only.

We've done well at Parker's Motel and also at the Pemi Cabins, both in the $80-$100 range, depending.

Thanks, everybody.

Yvon, I was able to use Google translator which works pretty well.

Tom, I saw that thread but it looked pretty old and focused on hostel type stuff...I'll take another look for future reference.

I was able to book the 4 Seasons -- Lee said you two both are part owners of the place. :D

Last edited:
Tom, I saw that thread but it looked pretty old and focused on hostel type stuff...I'll take another look for future reference.

I was able to book the 4 Seasons -- Lee said you two both are part owners of the place. :D
Yeah, by now, I could be a majority stake holder! :D

The 'cheap sleeps' thread is old, but I do see it gets updated from time to time...