Missing hikers tonite on C2C

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rup

Reaction score
David Paulides has writte a couple of books on bigfoot. His latest (2 books - Missing 411 - covering either west and east US) is on missing hikers, especially in national parks, and an apparent cover-up of that data by park admins. His first appearance on C2C a few months ago can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4nCKmxzG80

Pretty spooky the way these folks disappear - from supervised groups! Some are found miles away - in an amazingly short time given the terrain and weather conditions. Very spooky. There are some 40,000 'permanently' missing people each year according to FBI.

Suspects? Drug trade? slave traders? psycos? bigfoot? aliens?? he's not saying.

www.coasttocoastam.com

Hit 'stations' for a list of local radio station. It's WXKS, 1600 AM, in Boston. Or stream it from the url.

I think I have a pretty good idea what's missing ........

All right, I'll jump in this river. Having worked on something over 100 lost person searches in the states of Alaska, Maine, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Oregon, Vermont and Washington, the only thing that's remarkable to me about Mr. Paulides's apparent assertion is the credulity of his followers.

It's not just Seal snipers who are really adept at staying hidden. Dead people lying on the ground often do it really well. When I trained SAR dog handlers in the past, one of my favorite ploys was to reach out and tap them or speak to them as they went by the place I was hiding. The point was to teach them to train their dogs thoroughly, work their dogs efficiently and trust their dogs in the end. We humans are quite poorly equipped for finding dead people in the woods.

Last edited:
As one of the resident anti-gov. people on this site,I lasted 20 seconds into that radio you tube feed before deciding to better focus my energy on finishing my coffee.I have met and chatted with California game wardens and agricultural dept. inspectors out west. I have also chatted with border patrol up in the Rangely area and never once felt or thought a "conspiracy" of any sort was being put over me.I am going to assume that federal forest employees are cool,hell my grandpa was one up north years ago.I guess when Joe Dodge and him went looking for lost hikers in the bowl area of Passaconaway,they were really on a secret recon to mess with the populace.
One of the issues I have with conspiracy theorists is their revisionist way of looking at past events to fit their "theory".On the flip side its cool when I discover others more far out than me.:D Maybe these theorists should stick to the usual gov. agencys such as F.b.i.,d.e.a. or c.i.a.?....

Last edited:
I started to check this out and in very short order "took a hike" away for the web site.

I agree with...

sardog1

As one of the resident anti-gov. people on this site... I am going to assume that federal forest employees are cool...

I'm confused, aren't federal forest employees part of our federal government?

We humans are quite poorly equipped for finding dead people in the woods.

I know I was startled once to see how much my big white dog was able to hide in the woods once when he had been run over by a car (mine :( ). He was sleeping under the car and I started to drive away. He wasn't actually hit, but might have been pretty scared and a little bruised. I thought he was alright and let him stay outside. (We could do that with our dogs then where we lived.) When I returned a few hours later, he was missing. After an hour I found him not far from the house on the ground in the grass near a stone while. He was pretty depressed and I suspect he might have been dying from the shock. I encouraged him to follow me back to the house and brought him inside and babied him with good words, hugs, treats, and he was fine. What a bunch of lessons, but the one that strikes a cord here was how hard it was to see him laying almost in plain site. What else do we miss?

One of the issues I have with conspiracy theorists is their revisionist way of looking at past events to fit their "theory"....

Don't most people, except for "hard" scientists? Even people looking at current events do that. I call that Human Nature. People sure are interesting, Red Oak, that's for sure.

Only caught 30 min at 3am - too tired to get thru the rest. Perhpas er anothYou Tube replay.

I'm sure that you guys know more of the vagueries of S&R than I. However, I'm facinated that these folks seem to get 'plucked' from supervised (?) groups, and that parks have no lists of those gone missing, the ground covered between dissappear and discovered, and often, the neat piles of clothes - even in crappy weather. Wierd. The cuddle with the wolf was espec bizaar.

Here's the map of his 'clusters'. Note the clumps near Lake George/VT, WMNF, and Ktaadn.

http://www2.8newsnow.com/docs/missing_map.jpg

Last edited: