19 Mile, Carter-Moriah & Carter Dome loop with over night at Carter Notch Hut

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Date of Hike: June 23 – 24, 2012

Trail Conditions: overall in pretty good shape, see comments, a bit wet but we did end up hiking ½ of the trip to the hut in the rain & it rained much of Saturday night so that was expected

Special Equipment Required: Rain gear & dry clothes for the trip to the hut & at the hut. In addition to rain gear, a light fleece, some long pants & a camera on Sunday as the views were fantastic but the wind was brisk on Hight

Comments: Optional – The rains & storms of the past year or so really changed the lower ½ of 19 Mile & Carter Dome trails, 19 Mile has much more sun than before due to washed out trees. The trail crew has done a great job putting it back into shape. My first Carter Dome trail trip was full of mud, with the water making it’s new course, they seems to be less mud than I remember but far more rocks & the lower brook crossings more substantial than they used to be.
This was the boy’s first overnight at an AMC hut. Saturday AM we drove up the Auto Road and which was a first for one of them & for Nicholas, his first since he was two or three. Thanks to the person who returned his camera at the Sherman Adam’s building. We got to three State Highpoints in June, RI, MA & NH, we hiked the other two. Croo was great, they accommodated the finicky eater. Never thouht I’d be so glad to see an iceberg before either! (Croo skit)

Dominick Ward, Nicholas & Mike P.

[email protected]