boots for snowshoe,crampons,and skis ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd9truck

Reaction score
recently I read A thread on this forum on sweeper skis as critical as it was,I am still intested. The main reason is the fact that I do not want to carry in another set of boots. Can anybody tell me, how they get around a shoe that covers all the base,s I am looking to save weight on extended trips into the wilds. dose anyone have this figured out ? are teli boots the a nswer? I plan on demoing some sweepers next week on an overnighter up in the high peaks .

I've mentioned this many times before and here I go again :) . In the winter I always wear Alpina BC 600 NNNBC ski boots. Karhu makes similar models. They have thinsulate insulation, are waterproof, have pretty good traction all by themselves and they fit my crampons, snowshoes and skis. I cannot ski Tuckerman's or the North Face of Gothics with this setup but it works very well for me and is lightweight, cheap(inexpensive) and allows me to have fun in the winter without breaking the bank :) . I use them with most of my skis including backcountry with or without skins and no wax.

I have a pair of LaSportiva leather winter mountaineering boots. I use these snowshoeing, I have step in crampons, and binding for my skis that are step in as well made by Silveretta. One pair of boots Many uses, and there confortable and warm as well.

This topic has gotten a lot of discussion. The most "all around" boots I have are my tele boots (T1). Obviously good for skiing, fine for snowshoeing, and they take any kind of crampon. They're stiff and a little heavy, but warm. I'm looking for T2's this year. With either T1s or T2s, you can ski anything, if you are a good tele skier.

If you are going to climb steep ice with a "billed" tele boot, you should adjust the crampons so that the front point protrusion past the bill is right.

If I'm not going to be skiing, I wear leather mountaineering boots. Soft, flexible, warm.

TCD

thank you one and all , I love the crampon adaptation spencer "you smart guy!".Now I have much work, I will still be demoing the sweepers so I can tell a good tale around the LED at nite. will keep you posted Kevin Duffy 9 Truck ( FDNY )