Moosilauke via Gorge Brook, Carriage Rd and Snapper

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marnof

Reaction score
7/3/12

Trail conditions were great, any mud or water on the trail is easily stepped around. Super stonework on the Gorge Brook Trail made for an easy ascent, and the Carriage Road Trail is true to its name, a quick highway down to the Snapper Trail. I picked up four instances of litter on the trail, luckily a ziploc bag first, TP, smashed food in another ziploc, and a plastic disc. Not great, but hopefully the next visitors will enjoy a pristine trail.

I'm not sure if its worth mentioning, but there's a loose rock which is used to step up on. It's in the second small instance of trail damage going up the Gorge Brook Trail. It's getting dislodged gradually, like a loose tooth, and could potentially come out and fall on someone following too closely. I didn't check to see how well or deeply seated the rock was, so it could be a non-issue.

Special equipment: Windbreaker for summit if you plan to wander around for any length of time, as the wind chill was a factor after a while. ;)

Mark