New Hampshire Fish and Game article on SAR

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The linked article is only about the specialized team (I can remember when F&G referred technical rescues to AMC and later MRS) - most rescues are done by regular officers

The funding article is just the facts with no politics :)

The linked article is only about the specialized team (I can remember when F&G referred technical rescues to AMC and later MRS) - most rescues are done by regular officers

The funding article is just the facts with no politics :)

All missions in which I have participated have been coordinated and executed by officers in the picture of the team in the linked article.

Stinks

Know what irritates me more than anything about a rescue? The vast majority of those rescued never take the time to send a thank you note to the first responders. The first responders I've talked to verified this to me.

More appropriately the rescued should at least be sending a donation with a thank you note.

With my "incident" one of the responders made a special trip to the hospital to see how I was doing. How's that for thankless generosity?

5 hunters recently won auctioned permits raising $41,000 for the New Hampshire Wildlife Heritage Foundation. Regardless of what you think about hunting, that's a lot of money from 5 people. Perhaps Fish and Game could come up with something similar for S&R expenses.

YES... remember we mentioned that one possible solution might be doing some kind of fund raising.