A Perfect Summer Day In The Presidential Range

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Seaver

Reaction score
As you may well be aware: July 11 was a magnificent day in the mountains, probably just about anywhere in the Northeast. Brilliant blue skies and puffy clouds floating by. Electric green colors of all shades glowing on headwalls and in the valleys. Sunny conditions, but not too hot, not too windy, not too cold. I like days like this very much.

Some pictures from a rather leisurely N to S traverse follow. Great to meet fellow VFTT'er Eddie in the Northern section of the traverse, who was ripping it up and making it look easy.

(The trip was made into a loop by stashing a bike and some goodies at Crawford Notch, which was then used to thrash up the Jefferson Notch Road after the hike ( a bit of a grind going up, very much fun going down other side) and back to Appalachia - this was the first time I used this route ( 17 miles/1.5 hr.) rather than using the highways, which is 28 miles.)

Star_Lake_Panorama.jpg

Star Lake Area

Tres_Tres_Tres_Gulfside_to_Edmands_0622.jpg

Tres Tres Tres

Eddie_on_the_Upper_Slopes_of_Jefferson_0647.jpg

Eddie Attacking Jeff's Cone With Zest

Eddie_Nearing_Summit_Of_Jefferson_0654.jpg

Eddie Striding Resolutely to The Summit

On_Mount_Clay_0676.jpg

Mount Clay Loop

Simply_Green_0759.jpg

Simply Green

False_Hellebore_West_Side_Trail_0786.jpg

False Hellebore, West Side Trail

Westside_Sidewalk_0804.jpg

Westside Sidewalk

Hiker_With_Staff_South_of_Monroes_0809.jpg

Northbound Hikers South of the Monroes

Another_Satisfied_Customer_0821.jpg

Another Satisfied Customer

Beautiful photos, Tim! It was an equally beautiful Wednesday "across the street" on a grand Carter traverse. These have been some great days to be out on the mountains.

Great hike report and photos, Tim! I went to Tecumseh on teh 12th, and it was great there, too. I am looking forward to doing more hiking up North.:)

Tim, I just came across these photos on this site. Beautiful photos and what a day. I am going to post the one "Attacking Jeff's Cone with Zest" as my Facebook cover photo. Happy hiking!