The Final Seven - NEHH + NE15 :)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkyfreddy

Reaction score
I have 7 mountains left to finish both the new England 100 highest and the Northeast 115. These are
1. Dorset
2. Mendon
3. Killington
4. E. Sleeper
5. Scar Ridge
6. Sandwich
7. Mansfield

I'm saving Mt. Mansfield for Labor Day weekend, hopefully we can get a nice group for a bit of a celebration when we do my final peak :) Gail and I will be doing the other 6 peaks next week, please e-mail or pm me if you're interested in coming along on any. Thanks, Fred

re finishing

I would love to join you... haven't seen you in 6 years!!! I am now on round 2 of the hikes with Matthew. Maybe we'll get out there. Let me know when you are going for sure. Di

Would love to try to make the Mansfield finish, and maybe even Dorset/Mendon but my schedule is busy for most of august, unless it's late august...

Jay

LOL, not going to finish on Scar, not if I can help it :)

I think we'll do Mt. Mansfield on Labor Day weekend.... see what day looks best weather wise and go for it. I've been driving past Mt. Mansfield for years and resisting the temptation to climb it as I wanted to finish both lists with a bang! I'd love to have you join us Jay, especially since I did a lot of hiking with you :) It would be great to have you too Di and some more of our VFTT friends, many of which I haven't seen in years!

Last edited:
Once you pick a date for Mansfield, post it on VFTT for us non facebook "luddites" ;)

Maybe we can make a mass trip to the "nose"

I might be able to hike Dorset on Friday, Aug 3rd if that fits your schedule... (I am off that friday)..

Jay

Brian and I have Labor Day Wknd on the calendar. Waiting for the official date and route Fred!!! Can't wait to celebrate with you!!

Thanks Cindy! Can't wait to see you! I hope you can make it Al, Diane, and Jay!

I have 2 peaks left - Mendon and Mansfield. We'll wait to see which day looks better weather-wise for Mansfield on Labor Day weekend and will keep you posted. I'm very glad we got the evil Scar out of our way, LOL. :)

We will be in Stowe VT for the weekend

Fred the kids and I are heading to Goldbrook Campground in Stowe, VT on Friday and will be there through Monday let us know which day you are hiking :)

I think I am going to get the kids to do the 5 VT 4000 peaks

Hi Al, Will be great to see you! Glad you can make it! Looks like we're going for Saturday if the weather's good. I think Brian and Cindy are coming, Jim and Julia are coming up from Maine as well and it looks like we'll have a few folks with us from Montreal. I think I'll start a separate thread for this if that's OK with the powers that be :)

Last edited: