NH 48 speed record

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's impressive watching him do this, even if I am just looking at orange markers on my monitor. The road ride it looks like he is doing right now I am sure is a nice break/rest, but I would imagine just sitting still would be bothering him.

There's something about the latest Spot track that doesn't look right to me. I expected him to go for Whiteface and then Passaconaway after he came across the Tripyramids. The track display I'm looking at doesn't seem to show him doing that.

Can somebody please straighten me out?

:confused:

There's something about the latest Spot track that doesn't look right to me. I expected him to go for Whiteface and then Passaconaway after he came across the Tripyramids. The track display I'm looking at doesn't seem to show him doing that.

Can somebody please straighten me out?

:confused:

I noticed that as well. I wonder if he decided to position himself for Tecumseh next, instead of the Hancocks?
-vegematic

What the HELL is he doing near around Flat Mountain Pond!? No 4000'ers there!?

-Dr. Wu

There was only 10 minutes between that last update, north of N. Tripyramid to the one near Flat Mountain Pond. I'm pretty sure it's a false point. He's fast but that's like 3(4+ by trail?) miles in 10 minutes, with up and down between. No updates since then, either. I bet SPOT ran out of batteries.

Last edited:
There was only 10 minutes between that last update, north of N. Tripyramid to the one near Flat Mountain Pond. I'm pretty sure it's a false point. He's fast but that's like 3 miles in 10 minutes, with up and down between. No updates since then, either. I bet SPOT ran out of batteries.
It's extra weight now. I'd smash the thing and chuck it in Flat Mountain Pond.

-Dr. Wu

There was only 10 minutes between that last update, north of N. Tripyramid to the one near Flat Mountain Pond. I'm pretty sure it's a false point. He's fast but that's like 3(4+ by trail?) miles in 10 minutes, with up and down between. No updates since then, either. I bet SPOT ran out of batteries.
Let's hope it's batteries, let's hope it's a false point.

I think he was shooting for the trailhead around 6:00pm. Hopefully, if it's a battery problem, Kristina has some fresh ones to load on the trip to Hancock Notch trailhead.

It's extra weight now. I'd smash the thing and chuck it in Flat Mountain Pond.

-Dr. Wu

Would now be a good or bad time to do the math on calories burned carrying 1/2lb SPOT device for 180 miles?

edit: looks like another point got updated. He's on Passaconaway.

Last edited:
62,436 vert

62,436 according to Tim Seavers spreadsheet (nicely done btw) seems about right to me.. and I thought 8k vert days were big days:rolleyes: pretty crazy to do 62.5 k vert in 3 days!!:eek:

Its hot out there. He ran out pf water on the second traverse. Hes tired but still moving well. I just finished hancocks with him and its hard moving fast in the dark. Jason is pacing him on psceolas while i crew and then im pacing him up tecumsah while jason crews. Im planning to join him gor moose tomorrow and jason for owl. Carrigan will be after owls head. He should still be able to break the record but not as fast as he planned. The. Three of is are exhausted! Im looking forward to showers and some cuddle time with my ryan. :)

Tecumsah in the bag! Ryans moving much better and os doing awesome! We were trrated to a killer sunrise on the summit! So i have to admit. I thought fully supported records were easy and almost cheating. Although i have no interest in doing one myself i can honestly say a fully supported recors is not lame or cheating. The miles ryan has put on his feet are unbelievable and the few miles i have done with him so far is wearing on me and i have had more sleep and rest than him! Jason and i are busting our asses to keep him going and a fully supported record is a team event and as long as the method of suport is clarified that is all that matters. I have never seen someone hit rock bottom and barely be able to move onlu to get up again and push through the pain and start jogging and get the job done. The next several hours will be hard but we are confident he can do this if he can stay hydrated in this heat! I am so proud to b spending the rest of my life with such a strong person! Never have i seen such motivation or drive to achieve something thay seems so unattainable!