Great Gulf Wildflower Extravaganza 7-29-12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&J

Reaction score
We had a chance to spend the day in the Great Gulf and to witness a wildflower extravaganza. Lots of different flowers blooming and not just in one's and two's but hundreds and even thousands in some cases. It was an in the clouds day but that often leads to much brighter colors in the flowers. Sunshine doesn't diminish the colors. Here's a small sample of what we saw and be prepared for lots of Harebell pictures. Just another fun day in the Whites!

Alpine Goldenrod.
P1120993.JPG

Harebell.
P1130039.JPG

More Harebell.
P1130041.JPG

Even more Harebell. I warned you.
P1130051.JPG

The inner workings of a Harebell.
P1130057.JPG

Boott's Rattlesnake-root.
P1130072.JPG

Close up of Boott's Rattlesnake-root flower.
P1130073.JPG

There was one small patch of white Harebell.
P1130082.JPG

Again with the Harebell.
P1130099.JPG

Mountain Sorel.
P1130120.JPG

Pale Painted Cup.
P1130128.JPG

Lots of Harebells.
P1130154.JPG

Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more Harebell!!!

Thanks for the Harebell fix!

Tired: More Cowbell!
Wired: More Harebell!

Nice find on the white harebell. Looks like you had perfect "bright overcast" lighting for this exploration. Very nice!

I was in Alpine Garden and Bigelow Lawn this past weekend...incredible time of year. I also had bluets and some three toothed cinquefoil in bloom..and the Mt Avens are putting on a good show. Great pics by the way. when you are ready to do it I will buy your book.

Gorgeous! I always love your wildflower photos. The flowers are beautiful and the images are fantastic. What are you using for a camera?