Camera lost for 3 years in ADK Creek to be returned to owner!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full details here:"I think I found your camera": Visual clues help man solve mystery.
But just two photos served as Noerr’s “holy grail,” a shot of a young woman sitting on a front stoop of a house numbered 327 and a shot taken seconds later of the sky that captured a street sign reading 3rd Street.

Noerr spent hours digitally walking New York’s streets using Google’s streetview.

“I toured every 3rd Street in Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan, he said. “Then I saw a sign for that bagel shop, took a left and there it was, that purple door.”

EXIF data can be useful in many ways ... now if only the camera had automatically geotagged the photos finding the owner would have been easier (but less fun :)).

Great story.

I found a camera on the Gould Trail on Mt Greylock a couple years ago. On it were pictures of a kid's birthday party. In one of the pictures the name of the entertaining clown was visible. I found the clown's website, and through the clown I was able to return the camera to the owner.