Goose-Eye Mtn (main peak + East Peak) via Wright Trail & Mahoosuc Trail: 24-Aug-2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
Goose-Eye Mtn (main peak + East Peak) via Wright Trail & Mahoosuc Trail: 24-Aug-2012

The entire length of the Wright Trail (via the south branch of the trail) was in excellent condition. [See footnote at bottom.]
(Toward the end of the trail as you approach the Mahooscuc Trail, there are a few spots that could use bog bridges or stepping stones, but this is a relatively minor issue.)

The short segment (0.4 mile) of the Mahoosuc Trail that I hiked was also in good condition.

This was my first visit to this mountain. The hike exceeded my already high expectations for this adventure. It was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish!

My BLOG has some photos.
//////////////////////////////////////////////
FOOTNOTE (Added 27-Aug-2012):
Some hiking guidebooks refer to a north branch and a south branch of the Wright Trail. The current White Mountain Guide (29th edition) indicates that the north branch is currently closed to hikers. However, the website for the Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands (MBPL) merely indicates that the north branch is not recommended for hiking. I don’t know if “not recommended” is the same as “closed”?

On my hike, when I came to the point where the south branch and north branch splits, there was no signage to indicate that the north branch is closed, nor that it isn’t recommended for hiking. And, just as an additional FYI, a trail map is posted at the trailhead kiosk for the Wright Trail. It does NOT show the north branch of the Wright Trail. Only the south branch is shown.

Last edited: