Vermont 4K site?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisher Cat

Reaction score
We've got an extra day on our way home from our last trail work trip in NH to do a 4K in VT. Can anyone recommend a good online resource site for the VT 4K's, be it personal or an organization? Just looking for trail route suggestions, TR's, pics, etc.

Feel free to do Abe and Ellen together, but it's a LONG way across that ridge line, and a lot of extra elevation gain and loss, especially doing an out and back. I've done a 'thru hike', 2 'singles', and an 'out-and-back'. I think doing them separately is better, unless you have a good weather day, AND a car spot.

this site should give you quite a bit of info.

Get maps at the Green Mountain Club store.

I have hiked Abe a few times, Camel's Hump and Mansfield more times then I can count. I would guess between 30-50 each (I live in the Champlain Valley for over 20+ years and climb each at least 1X per year. My favorite Mansfield routes are all from the BTV side. They involve 1 or more of the Sunset Ridge, Maple Ridge or Long trail south of the forehead. Cliff trail is a good way to make a loop out of the walk from the forehead to chin, if you like to scramble and conditions are dry. Camel' Hump from the Huntington side has a nice mile long walk along a brook for a warm up if you park at the small lower lot. I love the long trail approach from the south (wind gap) for fun, easy scrambles and views. Banforth ridge offers a less crowded longer approach. Also has great views in spots.

Last time I checked, the AMC list still hadn't been corrected, but Mansfield has *two* qualifying peaks.