A New NEng 3k Finisher

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimC

Reaction score
We have a new Finisher.

John Thompson, bushwhacker extraordinaire aka bigmoose, managed to find the magnificent summit of Mahoosuc Mt (or is it Mt Mahoosuc or does it matter?) this past SUN, 23 SEP, 2012. This successful navigation exercise marked his completion of the NEng 3k List.

Mucho congrats to John.

We have a new Finisher.

John Thompson, bushwhacker extraordinaire aka bigmoose, managed to find the magnificent summit of Mahoosuc Mt (or is it Mt Mahoosuc or does it matter?) this past SUN, 23 SEP, 2012. This successful navigation exercise marked his completion of the NEng 3k List.

Mucho congrats to John.

How many 3K's are there? That's quite an accomplishment.

Jim -
Love the avatar!
After some eight years, I finally got around to changing mine, as you can see.
Mike - it took more than Moxie - that peak was a 2k! Great hike with you and Jim that day.
Audrey - hope to see you and Pat at the grand event.
Marty - we'll have to get together one of these days.
Thank you all for your kind words.
A few pictures from the big day:
https://picasaweb.google.com/103073754178727970932/Mahoosuc#

Mahoosuc Summit

JT

No talk of the summit on Mahoosuc?

When one takes on the Bushwhack lists, you end up going all over the place, through ALL kinds of stuff. And then there is Mahoosuc.

For me, this summit was a total surprise. A pleasant surprise. The pics belie the fact that Mahoosuc is a Bushwhack. That is, until you arrive at the meadow that comprises the summit.

On a Bushwhack, the infrequent views are nice and appreciated BUT a freakin meadow? It rarely gets better than that. Magnificent! A special place.

As for you, JT, on to the NEast 3k list.

Jim

Yep, the god of 'Whacks whispered in my ear to save Mahoosuc for last, and I'm glad I did - a special place indeed, the perfect bookend to Chocorua where it all began in 1994. By 2003 I was bushwhacking regularly, and got serious about this list in 2008, averaging a modest 55 3ks a year thereafter. It's been a great adventure with a slew of "whacky" new friends made along the way. Although the pursuit cost thousands of dollars in gas, tolls and exhaust repairs (love those Maine logging roads) the experience was priceless.
Jim, I have 210 of those 777 Northeast 3ks left to go, 206 in New York and 4 in Pennsylvania; I wouldn't hold your breath....

jt