Franconia Ridge Traverse or Zealand/Bonds Traverse 9/27 or 9/28

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brobichaud

Reaction score
Anyone interested in doing either of these? Right now I'm leaning towards the 27th, and I have yet to decide which hike to do. If there are no takers, I'll likely do an out and back of Zealand and the Bonds. The plan for Franconia Ridge would be to start at the Tramway lot, go up Greenleaf to the hut and Lafayette, across the whole ridge to Flume, and down Osseo to Lincoln Woods. The Zealand/Bonds Traverse would start at Zealand trailhead, and end at Lincoln Woods. Numbers for Franconia Ridge are 14.3 miles and 5000 feet of gain (9 hours 30 minutes), and for Zealand/Bonds 19.7 miles and 4500 feet of gain (12 hours). I usually hike at or slightly faster than book time.

Any takers?

Cheers,

Bill

Watch out for ground wasps on the Osseo. Many reports of getting stung. One in my party last weekend...

Thanks for the warning Tim. Right now, I'm really leaning towards the Bonds from Zealand (should I end up solo). It'll definitely be pushing the envelope, but I figure if I can muster the energy to jog/run most of the Zealand Trail, and keep my breaks to a minimum, I'll do it way under book time.

I have a tentative south to north Bonds traverse scheduled for Oct 13th weather permitting that is.

For anyone who is interested, I'll be doing an out and back of Zealand and the Bonds from Zealand. 20 miles, 5700 ft of gain, book time of 12 hours 50 minutes. I plan on being at the trailhead by 5:15 and on trail by 5:30. :D

Seeing as this hike is today, and I sit here at 1am working on a 6 page paper on gender equity in science education, I will sadly not be able to make it :(. Not that I ever held much hope, but a girl can dream, right? ;)

Hope the weather holds for you and that you have a superb day on all those fantastic summits Bill. Enjoy!

Seeing as this hike is today, and I sit here at 1am working on a 6 page paper on gender equity in science education, I will sadly not be able to make it :(. Not that I ever held much hope, but a girl can dream, right? ;)

Hope the weather holds for you and that you have a superb day on all those fantastic summits Bill. Enjoy!

I completely forgot to say that I was doing it yesterday, just that it was happening. Oops! :rolleyes:

The day was superb, and seeing the rain outside, I'm glad it went down yesterday! Maybe a mid-week (Thursday) Franconia Ridge Traverse on 10/11?